Do you HAVE to eat egg whites only?

Options
124»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    In response to your topic question, I am fairly certain that egg yolk is poisonous and will in fact kill you immediately upon consumption.

so yes, you HAVE to eat only the egg whites!!

You're yoking right?
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Just eating the white is so wasteful. Get it down you! :bigsmile:
  • megan_elizabeth8
    megan_elizabeth8 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's really about preferences and whether or not it fits into your goals (calories, macros, etc.), but personally I always have the whole egg - the yolk's my favorite part!
  • coolblondenerd
    coolblondenerd Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As many have said before me, whole egg! Yolk is where all the good stuff lies! Also why buy eggs if you're just going to throw half of them away?
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eggs are healthy, don't listen to the hype, there's bugger all in the whites alone.
    the only thing negative depending on where and how the chickens were raised ofcourse is the fat/cholesterol levels if you are determined to be on a low fat diet, 3 jumbo eggs would be roughly 18g of fat but its healthy fats and if it fits your macro's and you plan the other meals accordingly you could make it work

Personally i every 3rd morning eat 2-3 jumbo eggs, with lite milk, mushroom, capsicum, mix in a microwavable tupperwear dish presprayed with light cooking spray, chuck it in the microwave for 150seconds. presto instant fretata.

It's good protein & healthy fats to get the day started.

If you wanna be really hardcore you eat them raw like Hulk Hogan or Rocky RARRRRR... done that a few times but the texture is awfull lol....
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    if you have three eggs 150 is significant calorie uppage. if you are watching cholesterol it is also a concern. i only take egg whites and save the calories for more enjoyable things (like cheese!)
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    WHOLE EGG!!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I eat boiled egg for breakfast, very often. Sometimes when I have little calories left, I make scrambled egg whites with cottage cheese. Work for me both ways.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I get through about 2 dozen eggs a week.

Whole eggs.

I bought egg whites in a carton once. Once.

As for cholesterol, your diet really doesn't affect it that much long-term. Your body is a very clever thing and has a way of knowing how much cholesterol you're taking in, how it will affect your blood cholesterol (if at all) and will adjust its own production accordingly.

The thing that affects cholesterol levels most is exercise, so get to moving. Any kind of moving.

You can even twerk the cholesterol away.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I eat loads of eggs and love them whole. The only time I eat just egg whites is in meringues.