Bald guy problems

Options
Any other bald guys out there have to deal with the sweat running down the face like I do? I have a couple of headbands (yeah I'm that guy at the gym), but I have to wash them after every use. And I don't feel overly stylish with them on.

I really have no idea though what else I can do to keep this from happening. I keep a towel handy when I can, but when you're running on a treadmill it can be difficult to wipe the face constantly, and it makes no sense to keep one when you're running outside.

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I haz eyebrows
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've learned to sweat from my chest, where there's still plenty of hair. And from my ears. And nose. And back.

If you just learn to sweat right, you wouldn't have a problem.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to wear a hat or a headband (How 1980s! Ew!). Yes, it is uncomfortable at first. Yes, you have to wash it every time. But it is the only way to keep the sweat out of your eyes. Plus, you wash your shorts every time already, so the washing isn't that much of an inconvenience.
    I always wear a hat when I play tennis -- have to for the sun anyway. When I run, I often do not wear a hat, but I wear a cotton shirt so I can dab the sweat on my face and head periodically. But I get sweat in my eyes.
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've learned to sweat from my chest, where there's still plenty of hair. And from my ears. And nose. And back.

If you just learn to sweat right, you wouldn't have a problem.

That was a good one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I wear a bandanna when I run or cycle and I keep a towel with me in the weight room.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I only run outside so wear a baseball hat which helps keep the sun out of my eyes as well. May have to start wearing a bandana under my cycling helmet soon as it's heating up in Cyprus!!
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm not bald, nor am I a dude. But today a guy at work bought a cap (I think the brand was Adidas?) which is designed like a sweat band. It keeps the sweat off your face and it has mesh bits on top so it can 'breathe'. He is balding and said he bought it because of this exact problem. Looks like a pretty nice hat. Bonus = sun protection for your noggin.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I just don't do cardio. Problem solved.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Any other bald guys out there have to deal with the sweat running down the face like I do? I have a couple of headbands (yeah I'm that guy at the gym), but I have to wash them after every use. And I don't feel overly stylish with them on.

I really have no idea though what else I can do to keep this from happening. I keep a towel handy when I can, but when you're running on a treadmill it can be difficult to wipe the face constantly, and it makes no sense to keep one when you're running outside.

This problem was solved years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have a headband too. Fiance wouldn't let me get the matching wristbands :(
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That's what sweatbands are for. What's wrong with washing them after every use? Are you saying you wear your gym clothes more than once between washing?
  • Kguide
    Kguide Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just let it run down my face....
  • BFit2night
    BFit2night Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You might want to try a running hat, search runner's world website. Running hats are extremely light and breathable. I did a quick search just now, and one had a band specifically made for sweat. If you don't want the 80's look, maybe try t-shirt that you can do a quick shoulder-dab.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A stripe of petroleum jelly across the forehead just above the eyebrows helps. Invisible too.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I just let it run down my face....

That's what.

-She
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Ladies love to rub bald guys heads.. just saying so it's not always a problem right?