sodium removal

Options
Hello all,
I don't typically add sodium (salt) to foods I eat, but I know many inherently contain it. Looking for lower sodium options at Subway--any thoughts? Thank you in advance.:smile::smile:

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed and cured meats
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I don't typically add sodium (salt) to foods I eat, but I know many inherently contain it. Looking for lower sodium options at Subway--any thoughts? Thank you in advance.:smile::smile:

I love subway, but I did notice that they have a TON of sodium in their lunch meats. I assume to help preserve the meat to last longer, taste better, etc. I try not to eat it more than once a day, and when I do, I try to drink more water than a normal day to help flush it out. lol. I don't know if that helps, just what I do.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed and cured meats
    Why?
    Probably because she asked for lower sodium options and those things usually have high sodium levels.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

If you want to avoid sodium, don't eat at Subway.
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    don't be afraid of natural sodium in foods, unless you have a thyroid condition or something. sodium will only increase water retention, but otherwise is not detrimental to a diet. go ahead and have some tuna, its good for you. you might also choose a wrap instead of the bread if you are concerned about it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Check out nutritonal info at the following link:

http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love salt.