FEEL V BAD.. Need Motivation.

Options
2»

Replies

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I think your daily calorie goal is too low and you tend to go over sugars a lot. Do what the others said and aim for .5lb a week and see how you do.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    1) Just because you want to lose 2 pounds a week doesn't mean you should lose 2 pounds a week. .5 - 1 pound is more reasonable.
    2) 1200 calories is way too low for you.
    3) You need to do some sort of exercise that supports muscle retention.
    4) get some cardio, too.

Weigh and measure everything that goes into your mouth. Aim for around 1700-1800 calories a day. Stop being sedentary.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    1) Just because you want to lose 2 pounds a week doesn't mean you should lose 2 pounds a week. .5 - 1 pound is more reasonable.
    2) 1200 calories is way too low for you.
    3) You need to do some sort of exercise that supports muscle retention.
    4) get some cardio, too.

Weigh and measure everything that goes into your mouth. Aim for around 1700-1800 calories a day. Stop being sedentary.

The above is excellent advice.

You have a lot of advice to choose from right now. Choose wisely.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/the-mfp-dating-game-645146
  • Rambo529
    Rambo529 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

6. I have started ShaunTs T25, but that burns v less calories, can someone recommend a Good program or fitness regime that would burn at least 500 Cal ).

You said you started T25. That comes with a nutrition guide and suggestions while doing the program. Look at that as well as the other things that have been suggested, like logging accurately.
  • blovesit
    blovesit Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi,

I just had a quick look at your food diary, and my first thoughts are your carb levels, have you thought about reducing these? Your target for carbs seems to be quite high, especially if you are not exercising. I noticed that on quite a few days you exceeded the recommended intake too. These will just be stored if you are not burning them off. You could also cut the sugar out of your tea. I also noticed you don’t eat breakfast (or it’s not recorded that you do)? You could try eating smaller portions at regular intervals rather than having most of your calorie's in just two meals.

Exercise wise, I wonder if the aim of burning 500 calories may be slightly ambitious for a start point, but this is definitely something you could work towards. If you are new to exercise your body will need time to strength and build stamina to ensure you don’t injure yourself.

Just to add that I am by no means an expert, but I have successfully lost 14 pounds (now 120 pounds, 5ft3) through healthy eating and sensible exercise.

Stick with it!! :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My daily Cal requirement is 1200.

AND

I have started ShaunTs T25

So why are you eating so little????

This is your problem girlfriend? Work out your BMR & TDEE xx
  • Siy4
    Siy4 Posts: 47
    Options
    Oh..!!!!!! A huge Big Thanks to every single 1 of you..all of you have written such great advices..!!

ill definitely will see my nutrition take in. Yes true after starting to exercise my food intake has automatically increased. The part about loosing muscles & that there wasn't any change till 6 weeks for 1, ill definitely remember it. Also all entries are accurate, i usually take brunch & snacks later & early dinner.

but really Thanks a lot & ill keep my patients..i know it will happen for me :):)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    All of the above advice is solid. I'm not trying to be pushy about exercise but please allow me to put out a few suggestions if you change your mind about getting exercise, if that made any sense at all. The very best way to exercise is to find something that interests you. I'm a Martial Arts student. I do lift weights at the gym to help my DH and improve my MA but I don't look forward to the gym like I do my "Martial Arts family". It's true. Even if I'm feeling tired that day I know they will be expecting me! It's a great motivator. There are a million ways to get active. If I wasn't in MA I'd try belly dancing, kayaking, ball room dance, Latin dance, or even Polynesian dance! You can get in shape faster and meet some great people that way. Good luck!
  • Siy4
    Siy4 Posts: 47
    Options
    All of the above advice is solid. I'm not trying to be pushy about exercise but please allow me to put out a few suggestions if you change your mind about getting exercise, if that made any sense at all. The very best way to exercise is to find something that interests you. I'm a Martial Arts student. I do lift weights at the gym to help my DH and improve my MA but I don't look forward to the gym like I do my "Martial Arts family". It's true. Even if I'm feeling tired that day I know they will be expecting me! It's a great motivator. There are a million ways to get active. If I wasn't in MA I'd try belly dancing, kayaking, ball room dance, Latin dance, or even Polynesian dance! You can get in shape faster and meet some great people that way. Good luck!

hmm.. thats a good advice.. i do like to dance..!! :):)