Replies

• WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    **** haters.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely great that you are going on the elliptical for 20 minutes. And you're doing strength training too--wow! That's something many women neglect to do. I've found that usually people who look down on others are insecure themselves. They put others down to try to boost their own low self-esteem.

In a lecture on preventing osteoporosis, the lecturere said that lots of women are under the false assumption that "walkng is enough". She said women really need to be doing strength training. Good for you!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    BOJShRO.gif

Good on you OP! never let anybodies unsolicited opinion or otherwise stop you from bettering yourself.

THIS

(and thank you gif poster for my morning chuckle)
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    BOJShRO.gif

Good on you OP! never let anybodies unsolicited opinion or otherwise stop you from bettering yourself.

This sums it up! GREAT job OP!!!!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I wish I could put a pic up of my usual workout attire. All my pics on MFP are ONLY when I'm wearing cute stuff. Hehe...if only they knew.

Good on you for not giving a *kitten*.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    High five for getting your workout in, and high five for your attitude! Anyone who would smirk over your clothes is just childish. Being comfortable is all that matters.
  • xdelgadop
    xdelgadop Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THIS IS MOTIVATION FOR ME!! THANKS FOR THIS POST!

I too wear worn down clothes to work out (ugly old shirts and pants) and I am ok with that. :smile:
  • Grumpellina
    Options
    Next year when you look way lighter than her just smile.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Your story is very motivational. Keep up the great work. You go, Girl!
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love this post OP! Great attitude!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    This experience will come in handy when all the weight is gone and the same women hate you because you're healthier, happier, and hotter. It's like when you're out walking or jogging and guys roll down their windows and make fun of you because you're fat. Those same douches will be the ones to roll down their windows and say "Hey baby, need a ride?" when you're not fat anymore.

Keep on not giving a damn.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That is raw envy.

The fitter you get, the more of that you will encounter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You definitely have the right attitude!

Maybe you deserve a new workout shirt or pants/shorts...but for you. Not to impress that b***h.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome attitude!!!!!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    1omHmL2.gif

Good for you! My workout clothes are pretty hideous too but I'm not in the gym to look cute in my workout clothes, I'm in the gym to look cute afterwards in my street clothes! :happy:
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes! Attitude on this journey is paramount and you have the perfect one for success.
  • brittany2188
    Options
    Good for you! I know girls who buy cute workout clothes and never work out. Wonders never cease ;)
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    What an amazing attitude you have! And it's that type of attitude that will get you to where you want to be. And don't worry about your workout clothes because it doesn't matter, plus in no time at all you'll need newer smaller ones :-)

Good luck!
  • Naruto4ever
    Naruto4ever Posts: 112
    Options
    I have found some of my most motivativating moments are when people judge me incorrectly. Good for you not letting it get you down. I know my ticker says I've lost 100 pounds (and I have) but I am still over 200 pounds and overweight. But I am a fitter overweight then most not overweight people. The other night I had an experience similar to yours. I was at the gym and it was a 4 mile run day. So I hop on a treadmill and just as I'm beginning my warm up a younger and much less weight guy hops on the treadmill next to me. He looks at me, looks at my numbers (pace, incline ect) and literally smirks and snorts. He punches in his numbers and immediately starts to run. After my 2 minute warm up I bump my numbers up and begin my run....He literally turned and looked at me and you could see the doubt on his face. I bump my tunes up louder in my earplugs and keep on going. He ran for about 5 minutes and had to slow to a walk, he rested for a bit then looked at me again and would begin running...I just kept on running, cause I know I have to get to 4 miles and know also that it really isn't hard for me to run 4 miles. I just keep on trucking. This went on for my entire run. He'd have to walk then look at me and begin to run again. I just kept doing my thing. When I finally ended my run and went into my cool down I took my headphones off and he engages me in conversation. Says he's impressed. His tone was baffled. Said he didn't think I could run that long or fast. Said he has never ran non stop for as long as I did. Said he kept on trying because he figured if I could do it he should be able to. I just smiled and told him one thing. Quit comparing yourself to other people. I could have made him feel bad and tell him that not only am I overweight and can run 4 miles nonstop. But thats 3 months post back surgery, with a fused ankle waiting for an ankle replacement and after 7 surgeries in 6 years because of a motorcycle accident. But I didn't tell him all that because I don't know where he's been or what he has been through. I'd just be making assumptions, just like him. So all I told him was quit comparing yourself to others. Worry about you and where your going and where you've come from. Because at the end of the day it really is only about you.

Quit comparing yourselves to others.... Made my day.... Glad i joined MFP to meet so many positive people..... I believe am unique.... :drinker: cheers to all of you amazing people
  • Ladyantonia
    Ladyantonia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! I wasn't expecting so many responses! Thank you to everyone who responded with even more encouragement. It's actually funny because my 50 pound goal is a set of cuter work out clothes lol. But yeah for right now it's my old capri lounge pants and a tank top.

My main work out partner is my cousin who is a police officer and has one of the most amazing bodies I have ever seen. I always tease that in my next life, I want her body! lol. She actually convinced me to go to the gym last night when I got off work at 230 in the morning. I normally get off at 1030 at night, but picked up some overtime. Her shift ends around 0230, so she was all excited that we could work out together. I was skeptical at how much I would be able to do after a 16 hour day, but she was gentle with me while still making sure I got a good workout in.

I was nervous about working out in that gym when I first started with all the good looking, great shape cops. I figured there would be looks and derision. But I found they fall into 2 categories there -- either they are into their own thing and don't really notice me or they are very encouraging and helpful. There is one K9 officer who I see now and then and he's always like "Hey! There you are! How's it going?" It actually helps make me want to go to the gym sometimes when I feel like I just want to go home -- I think "what if my K9 guy is there? What would he think if I didn't show up? I gotta go so he sees I am still serious about this!" Hey, at this point, I will take ANY motivation! lol

Sorry to ramble on....and thanks again!