My year on MFP -- about 40 lbs gone -- pics

Options
jessannprice
jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
Well, it's a couple days shy of my one year anniversary on MFP. I started out on WeightWatchers (lost ~ 15 lbs) and after 3 months switched to MFP. I've obtained lots of good advice on here and tracking my calories has really helped me lose weight.

I've learned the importance of exercise -- and don't be afraid of weights! I was doing LOTS of cardio, but eventually got burnt out. I started a workout DVD -- Power Circuit Training with Jackie and was amazed at how much my body shape changed rapidly. I use my dumbbells at home and do lots of squats, lunges, rows, etc etc.. and I plan on buying a heavier set soon!

I try to eat simple, natural, clean(ish).. but I love pizza and burgers and I will indulge. The last few months I haven't been following my calories (TDEE - 20%) like I should.. and I've been lazy with my work outs. But I'm recommitted now. I'd love to drop 2 more pants sizes. I do record my weight, but it's not my main concern. My concern is my health.. how I feel.

The scale isn't always right -- I weigh 20 more lbs now than I did about 7 years ago -- but I'm in the same size clothes! Having some muscle does make a difference!!

Here's some pictures to show my transformation.. hopefully they will work!
photo1_zps8c1b1e57.jpg

Oct2012x2_zpscf786196.jpg

Oct2012_zps8770499c.jpg

Sept2013_zpsfed6517c.jpg

Dec2013_zpscb2fcff4.jpg

74265871-cc90-45b8-ae2f-2ee0e4c11a0b_zps27ca7f56.jpg

Hopefully the next few months will bring me closer to my goals... I want to be stronger.. and drop 2 more pant sizes. I'd love to lose most of my tummy (it's the last thing to go apparently).

Replies

• kdillson70
    Options
    Great Job!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • ProfessorCurlz
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Great job and keep up the great work!
  • brenda5476
    brenda5476 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have reached 55 years old and need to lose another 30 lbs. Down 15 since January - would like to lose it by 30th anniversary in September.

You are right, I am heavier than I used to be but with working out I am in the smallest pant size that I own.

Thanks for the words or encouragement and good luck with the rest of your journey.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What great progress, congratulations on loosing 40 lbs! I'm sure you are really feeling the benefits of your loss now and an increase in energy! Well done! Keep doing what you are doing - it's working!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and your transformation is incredible. I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!
  • 1Lookatmenow
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! You look totally different and so healthy!!!! :):)
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congrats :)
  • Elehisie
    Elehisie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Having more muscle isn't the only thing to consider here :)
    Feeling better is!

Tell us how you feel, cuz from the pics you seem to be feeling great. I bet you feel much more motivated and you should find a lot more energy now to keep up with your daughter! I try to focus on my feelings and my gains (health wise and spirit wise) to keep motivated, since motivation, energy and pants sizes matter a lot more than food choices and what the scale shows sometimes ;)
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck with your future goals!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • drgal86
    drgal86 Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep up the great work! It's paying off. :)
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • lbledsoe6
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mrsemmypants
    mrsemmypants Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! :)
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh... Little girl growing as pretty mom shrinking !!
    You both look beautiful and happy! Congratulations!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good loss! You look so much healthier and happier. Your daughter is so cute. She has your smile.
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    40 lbs lost looks absolutely amazing on you, sweetie!!! You look so happy, and you look like a whole new you!!! Congrats!!! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!