Just a rant

Options
1a1a
1a1a Posts: 762 Member
People you're keen on smsing to ask if you are up, getting a reply straight away and then never saying another word for the entire night and not picking up when you call cos you're not a fan of this waiting around game. Just whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I would have preferred it if you had not smsed me at all!

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I'm old...what's smsing?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I'm old...what's smsing?

It's messaging (texting)
  • 1a1a
    Options
    Acronym for "short message service". On your mobile phone, when you send a text message, it's called an sms
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    wtf-cat_zps54b80515.jpg
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I'm old...what's smsing?

It's messaging (texting)

Saints' fan FTW!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm old...what's smsing?

It's messaging (texting)

Saints' fan FTW!

Totally! WHO DAT!!! 5 more months before the season starts.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    ...what?

Let me guess. Some guy you like texted you in the morning, you texted right back, and he neglected to respond to you for the rest of the day/night. Now it's all...does this mean he doesn't like me?

Aren't we too old for this?
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    ...what?

Let me guess. Some guy you like texted you in the morning, you texted right back, and he neglected to respond to you for the rest of the day/night. Now it's all...does this mean he doesn't like me?

If you're too old....ouch.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    They call texts means "S.M.S" in Australia so I assume the OP is from there. You pronounce each letter individually not as if it were an actual word.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ...what?

Bingo!

OP don't read too much into this, it could be anything. Or I've done this then gotten a really important phone call and been tied up and just plain forgot or it's been too late, etc. A million things could have happened that have a reasonable explanation to the non-response.
  • 1a1a
    Options
    So no answer isn't The answer?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Are you still there?
  • jeannevdl
    jeannevdl Posts: 33
    Options
    They call texts means "S.M.S" in Australia so I assume the OP is from there. You pronounce each letter individually not as if it were an actual word.

Here in SA we say SMS instead of text. I've never heard someone say "I'll text you".
    We say "message me on whatsapp" or SMS me when you get home ;)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Here in SA we say SMS instead of text. I've never heard someone say "I'll text you".
    We say "message me on whatsapp" or SMS me when you get home ;)

That sounds needlessly complicated and highly technical.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    :huh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    YmnipOm.jpg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, I like your diary settings.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    da *kitten*?
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wait... Let me guess. He said he was asleep when you called, right? He probably wasn't alone and was checking to make sure you were put away for the night. You fell for the okie doke a-gain. Don't be so eager and always available. Set your phone to DND when you go to bed. Give him a chance to wonder what's going on with you sometime. Men love the chase, don't you know? Stop calling and chasing him! It's not attractive. #keepingitreal
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I am so happy I am 51.

Now get off my lawn.