Women...What is the perfect way to be purposed to?

12346»

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Doesn't matter to me, I was proposed to BY the person I wanted to marry! That's all I wanted :love:
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Something romantic and unexpected.

For instance, dont make her dinner and then say you forgot something, go upstairs and come down empty handed but a bulge in your pocket and then not propose until dinner is over and you are sitting on the couch watching Star Trek:TNG and pause the movie and pop the question (after making her close her eyes) - true story happened to me. (Though we ended up not getting married as he called it off. In a letter. On Valentines Day)
  • I feel like the fun was sort of sucked out of my engagement b/c of other people always asking us why we aren't married yet and when will we be married. Finally we just began discussing the pros and cons of marriage to help us decide. Very romantic right? lol

I think the element of surprise helps, suffice to say
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I feel like the fun was sort of sucked out of my engagement b/c of other people always asking us why we aren't married yet and when will we be married. Finally we just began discussing the pros and cons of marriage to help us decide. Very romantic right? lol

I think the element of surprise helps, suffice to say

Wait till you get engaged, it gets even worse. People suck the fun out of everything.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    I actually planned out a picnic at a botanical garden we liked to go to, then went for a walk through one of the gardens. i had the perfect spot picked out on a nice stone bridge. went there and gave her her valentines card which i had written the proposal written in it. she loved it. Friends and family almost immediately started asking when we were gonna get married, and even now i still get asked by people, even though we split up a while ago...
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    I purposed my wife for childbearing and kitchen-cleaning, but so far I've been fairly disappointed.

I'm thinking of trading her in.
  • MrsPaulSmith
    MrsPaulSmith Posts: 401 Member
    While its raining. In a graveyard. Thats how mine went.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I shopped for the ring months and months before, but didn't know how I would ask. One lazy Sunday morning we had woke up and were talking in bed. She was talking about our life together, and she was stressed about school, work, and everything. I asked to to play some games with me and we started with cards, but I soon had a cute thought and asked her to play hangman. Yup, we did a few misc word round but then I did one that said will you marry me. When she guessed it she immediately started to tear up and said, "Don't tease me babe!". I got down next to the bed, pulled the ring out from under the mattress and asked her.

That was a lot of years ago.
    What a great adventure it has been.