Endurance junkies...or have 100 cals. left?

Options
ceciliaruns
ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
The previous food post reminded me I needed to share this Raw Mocha Energy Ball recipe I created. I was needing to try alternative to gels and chews for my long runs and created this recipe to be exactly 100 calories. I carry several in a baggie in my hand-held water bottle or hydration pack and eat one about every 6 miles. They are full of good nutrition and delicious. I like to store mine in the freezer. They are really perfect for a quick snack to take in your gym bag or anytime really!! Enjoy!! :) I have several other raw ball recipes I'll share when I get the recipes together.

http://www.ziplist.com/recipes/2480480-100_Calorie_Raw_Mocha_Energy_Balls?return_to=/recipes/box

Replies

• klvluvbsb
    klvluvbsb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on a replacement for the coffee granules if someone does NOT like coffee??
  • ceciliaruns
    ceciliaruns Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would just nix the coffee granules! The texture won't change at all. If you want caffeine and you would like to experiment with flavors, I would suggest trying matcha green tea powder.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing :)
  • klvluvbsb
    klvluvbsb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OK cool, thanks!
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Energy gels make me so sick I have to have something else to fuel me, these look absolutely delicious!
  • patmoomur
    patmoomur Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I ever run 6 miles, I remember this one.