Bad things that have happened since I starting losing weight

Options

Replies

• aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My running shoes feel a size too large
    my FAVE run jacket now looks like an oversized trash bag on my frame
    I notice any bit of swelling on my hands and ankles now :( it was hidden by fat before

***THE COLD*** omg i have a heater under my desk, a heated mattress pad on the bed and heated seats in the car

my closet ranged anywhere from size 14-18 so i am ok still in the clothing department, but the bras- wahhhh I lost my boobs!

my big earrings now look redonkculous on me now :(
  • dantb32
    dantb32 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious!
    1. The Girl Scouts in my neighborhood are now unable to sell enough boxes of cookies to go to summer camp for free.
    2. Children at the beach no longer feel heroic trying to save a whale by pushing me back into the ocean.
    3. Restaurant patrons must now find something else to talk about instead of that obese lady eating nachos.
    4. My husband is tired all the time because he's kept up way more often now.
    5. My friends are trying to figure out which one of them will now be considered the "fat" one of the group.
    6. When I miss my mouth the food now falls to my lap instead of into my bra. Therefore, ending the game, "rummage through my cleavage".
    7. Hundreds of Coca Cola workers have been laid off from reduced sales of their product.
    8. Planet Fitness is spending much more for my time there in electricity than my $10 a month will pay for.
    9. My students can no longer use the excuse, "I didn't do the assignment because I couldn't see the white board".
    10. Lastly, the poor ice cream man has been driving down my street every hour because he misses me.
  • artistintexas
    artistintexas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My fridge is crowded with leftovers, there used to never be any "leftovers" cause I would eat all of it!
  • JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is a humorous thread. Here's a couple from me:

The bones in my butt get sore from sitting too long on hard chairs.
    Likewise, I find the bones in my shoulder also are sensitive to bumps
    I have changed from being my wife's "hot water bottle" to keep her warm in bed, to "your skin is cold"
  • ntftnm
    ntftnm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • JTOct25
    JTOct25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1. The Girl Scouts in my neighborhood are now unable to sell enough boxes of cookies to go to summer camp for free.
    2. Children at the beach no longer feel heroic trying to save a whale by pushing me back into the ocean.
    3. Restaurant patrons must now find something else to talk about instead of that obese lady eating nachos.
    4. My husband is tired all the time because he's kept up way more often now.
    5. My friends are trying to figure out which one of them will now be considered the "fat" one of the group.
    6. When I miss my mouth the food now falls to my lap instead of into my bra. Therefore, ending the game, "rummage through my cleavage".
    7. Hundreds of Coca Cola workers have been laid off from reduced sales of their product.
    8. Planet Fitness is spending much more for my time there in electricity than my $10 a month will pay for.
    9. My students can no longer use the excuse, "I didn't do the assignment because I couldn't see the white board".
    10. Lastly, the poor ice cream man has been driving down my street every hour because he misses me.

Hah! I love your sense of humor. Similar to my own.
  • LiseLeroux
    Options
    1. When on the treadmill the other day, I was irritated to keep getting a flapping noise and something annoying me from behind. I was horrified to realize it was my underarms. Losing so much weight on your arms and the skin not shrinking back up mean I have like water wings that flap when I walk. That was the flapping thing behind me. Eeeeeeek.

2. I started lifting weights to try and build up/tone up/shrink up all the excess skin. I showed my friend my new biceps yesterday. They were cute little biceps on top of the downhanging water wings. I flapped my arms at her and she laughed. Shoot. So I pushed up the skin a bit with the little biceps but it's not shrinking. Darn.

3. With clothes on, I'm starting to look pretty good. Now I'm getting a lot of comments about my potential for anorexia, eating disorders, "you've got to stop." Or the best ... "stop losing on the top half, and just continue on the bottom half." As if we have a choice.

4. I tried on a pair of size 4 pants the other day that I've been saving for ten years. I got them on and up, and unfortunately they look like crap. They are too short and too baggy on the crotch. I never realized how badly they fit or how unfashionable they looked as I could never get them on. I've grown out of size 18-16-14-12-10-8-6 and now size 4 pants. When I was 130 when younger, I never fit into size 4 pants. I fit into size 9/10 at the time. I'm still 145, but fitting into size 4 and still some weight to lose. Have sizes become bigger???????????????????????

5. Without all the lumpy cellulite riddled fat on top of the muscles, now the muscles are looking pretty puny, so see number 1 above. Trying to take yoga, but so far being asked to do planks is resulting in my plank lying on the floor unable to get up. I think I have no core ...
  • liltarn
    liltarn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Love this thread
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    - My employer was less than responsive when I requested a clothing allowance

- My partner keeps on distracting me (for some reason?) when I am trying to do the dishes

- I now have to rely on something other than my *kitten* for padding during Spin class

- A saleperson, in a shop I have always gone to, asked me if I had a "boob job" - I guess my bustline was understandable before

- My co-workers weren't as happy as I thought they would be when I swapped the usual donuts for a fruit and veg plate

- The Tim Hortons clerks look saddened by my coffee (black) only order

- The lycra in my wardrobe is no longer rolling its eyes at me
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm only down 40 lbs, with LOTS to go, but I'm already suffering from negative stuff.
    1. I'm feeling like a slob most of the time because my clothes are getting so baggy, where as before it was because I just felt huge. My esteem has taken such a hit because of it.
    2. I'm getting socially awkward because now when I talk to certain people they want to talk about how good I'm doing and my wt loss. Its so embarrassing!
    3. The gals at my normal clothing store have started handing me cookies when I come in. They are afraid I'll keep losing and quit shopping there because I will be able to shop in regular plus sizes and not the extended plus store.
    4. The cookie aisle cookies are getting horse from calling my name but never being eaten.
    5. Its really annoying to have to pull up my unders so much.. its a terrible reminder that I will be forced to buy new ones.
    6. The 4x winter coat that I JUST bought last winter is just so huge now and I'm too cheap to buy a another new one until next year.
    7. My poor ta-ta's, they look lost in those big ol cups now and I'm suffering from inner hook shortage on my bras.
    8. So many more dishes to wash! eerrrggg..
    9. I'm noticing that my inner thermostat must be broken. I'm so much colder now than last year.
    10. I'm running out of excuses to not do housework. I'm just not exhausted enough now.
    11.I just don't need this pressure of trying to figure out who / how / when to give away my clothes that are too big.
    12. Carrying around a bottle of water all the time is such a burden, especially when you have to keep one hand free to pull up your unders.
    13. I won't let me just sit around on the pew now while everyone is up worshipping at church. For some reason, I think I need to get up and do all that moving around stuff too.
    14. My arm no longer gets that necessary stretching-as-far-as-possible exercise during bathroom breaks. (sorry, didn't wanna be gross, but it's the fat life)
    15. Forty lbs ago, I only worried about the money I would have to spend if I crossed the line into being diabetic, but now I worry about coming up with enough money to cross the line of another country. How am I going to have time to eat a double cheeseburger and fries when I'm so preoccupied with maps of foreign countries I want to visit?

LOL especially @ 4, 5, and 12
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I wear 3 layers of clothing because I'm freezing. Discovered the heat had been out in my office for most of the winter, so that certainly hasn't been helping the cause.

I've replaced almost everything I wear and now the new stuff needs replaced again. I really must hit the consignment shops, not just to buy, but to sell the pants I've only worn for 3 months. On the plus side, I no longer have to shop in the plus size section. :happy:

None of my summer clothes fit and we're going on a beach vacation. Do you know how hard it is to find capris in Feb/Mar, in Minnesota, when most people are wearing their winter parka? I couldn't order online because I don't know what size to buy at this point.

I find myself arguing with hubby about what I can and can't eat. He does the cooking and thinks it a personal affront when I refuse to eat something he's prepared. (it's usually a pasta dish and I have to count carbs due to diabetes) He also likes to encourage me to eat stuff that I can't. (you've done so well, you deserve a treat)
  • EmmiDahling
    EmmiDahling Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The improved definition makes it trickier to shave my armpits.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    The improved definition makes it trickier to shave my armpits.

That's a good one!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Cold, cold, cold, definitely.
    And for some reason I have to keep pulling up my pants, even though I'm wearing a belt (which I hate doing BTW).
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Competitive friends and ppl that wantbme to "fix them". As for clothes lane bryant 75 dollar pants don't compare to the 2 bucks I spet in the profile pic dress , so clothes and food money aren't a negative to me
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Kneeling out of my slacks at Mass.
    It take a month for me to finish a tub of cream cheese or yogurt dip(this used to be a side dish!)
    I own and wear multiple sweaters now-I used to think sweaters were an evil conspiracy
    I ask my husband to share a meal- prior to 2014 my husband had never been invited to eat off my plate. Highly territorial was the term he used!!
    Are all chairs made of granite now?!!!
    Next car-seat warmers are Mandatory!
    Used to think boob jobs and face lifts were unnecessary vanities.....I am already saving the money, my tits look like Grandma Moses!
    I am a complete camera hog now! That strange girl in your photo is probably me.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Kneeling out of my slacks at Mass.
    :laugh:
  • toddgerard5
    toddgerard5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am getting lucky more than I have in years. *wink *wink
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

I was sort of well known for my awesome rack! I used to make a feature of it when going out

Alas it has vanished, I would describe myself as "athletic" now. Oh well.....
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    new ones for me...

1. My husband is insisting we go lingere shopping....:sad:
    2. I need to buy a new weight bench because the one i have doesn't have enough padding for my shoulder blades that are digging into it and they are getting sore....true story.
    3. All my expensive bras had to be given away (I have new friends from all the cloths I gave away)
    4. My dog is not happy with me, since I log and weigh food I am eating it all...so nothing left on the plate for her to eat...she is still following me to the kitchen tho in hopes....:laugh:
    5. I don't get flowers for my birthday/mothers day anymore as my son/husband by me workout clothes, weight plates and bars...
    6. My sister has had to give me some of her clothes as she loses weight as well...(she has great taste in clothes)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!