im not losing anything and feel disheartend

Options

Replies

• leeannsandon
    Options
    My shape is more my aim not really the number on the scale I have ordered some weights in different sizes as well as doing the 30 day shred to tone up I do have an 8kg kettle bell but only use it for so long as its so heavy and is hard work
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My shape is more my aim not really the number on the scale I have ordered some weights in different sizes as well as doing the 30 day shred to tone up I do have an 8kg kettle bell but only use it for so long as its so heavy and is hard work

Go for re-composition, not weight loss. Lift heavy, eat more. You'll lose inches and appear smaller (while ignoring what's on the scale!)
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I gained the weight since having my three children not recently as my youngest is three, but if I do need to eat more then il try it im just scared of gaining the weight im not purposely under eating for my kids sake I just want to be healthy

But if you can't physically eat more then 800-1000 cal you should have never gained weight. I would see your doctor because if you always eat that little and don't lose, you may have a medical condition.
  • Pr1ncessWarrior
    Pr1ncessWarrior Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I agree you dont have enough food there you body is on conservation as it feels its starving. Some call it starvation mode. use this site to get your calaries required to get out of it. You should be loosing lots with your workouts if yo8r calories increased. Im afraid im in the same boat
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    Any ideas on incooperating more protein apart from chicken I dont want to do shakes as I feel it s a fake intake and I dont eat any fish food in any form as I dont like it I havent since I was a child, I gained the weight when pregnant with my children and I ate loads I mean loads but since trying to be healthy I mean trying I ve only really ate like this since probably Feb but did have days where I over ate on my calories so I guess I just thought I had to try harder because I over ate on accasions
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel like im over eating and bloat , everything in my diary is everything I actually eat I dont log drinks but I only drink water or lots of cups of tea no sugar though but do have full fat milk in it, with whats in my diary I do feel full

You may log every item you eat, but are you actually weighing it with a digital scale? For example, was the banana you ate actually 100 grams? A lot of items in your diary look like they are generic picks and not actually weighed out.

So you may be eating more than you think (which is probably a good thing because 1000 calories is no bueno my friend). You still need to get a handle on the real number of calories you are eating so you can adjust it up or down.
  • foodie899
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode. I'm almost 100% sure. Try to lessen your daily workouts; aim for high intensity short intervals if you must because you need to give your body a rest. If you are going for hours a day.. that's definitely not good.

You need to eat more to loose weight! Contrary to the whole "calorie" deficit thing... what they mean is that you must burn 500 less then what you should otherwise use in a day. For me, if I wanted to maintain my weight, I need to down about 1500-1900 calories every day. If I drop to about 1200 that gives me a deficit of 300. So when they mean calorie deficit, they don't mean having your calorie intake in the red... please keep that in mind.

Obviously, you have been going to an extended period of time consuming almost really nothing. Try and increase your meals! For breakfast, have an avocado or something (because yes, eating fat will help you burn fat!) drink water, have a yogurt - give yourself some fats because that's what our bodies need. Just be sure to eat monos, and stay away from the unhealthy ones.

For lunch: get some protein here!!! Love Greek Yogurt... or maybe a salad with some chicken?

But please, start increasing your cal intake :( otherwise you will start having health issues. Healthy is best <- remember!
  • foodie899
    Options
    Any ideas on incooperating more protein apart from chicken I dont want to do shakes as I feel it s a fake intake and I dont eat any fish food in any form as I dont like it I havent since I was a child, I gained the weight when pregnant with my children and I ate loads I mean loads but since trying to be healthy I mean trying I ve only really ate like this since probably Feb but did have days where I over ate on my calories so I guess I just thought I had to try harder because I over ate on accasions

Greek yogurt... beans... google protein sources for vegan/vegetarians
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    I dont weigh my food tbh as I dont have the time I mostly go off generics but also the packaging it came in but sometimes I might add a few more calories not ofteb though as a feel with somethings that arent on mfp have more calories probably 50 cals or so but not often
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    Thank you all for the sound advice I will try to eat more mostly protein and try with the weights and see what happens my original post my exercise is not loads its approx 2 hrs or less idont ache afterwards or get out of breath
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am in a similar situation. I workout 45mins daily 4 times a week and basically don't eat upto 700 calories? Any ideas or help on how to up my intake pleaseeeeeee

You will make yourself sick and destroy your metabloism. I would add spoonful of peanut butter and maybe see a nutritionist.
  • viktha
    viktha Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am about 5'3" and weigh 120 and eat so much more than you are and I'm not have as active. I have the same goal to weigh about 100 lbs although I know it is unrealistic and will be really content to be about 110. I have gotten down to about 112 lbs before stopping MFP because of illness and gained the weight back.

I use to eat like you and couldn't lose weight to save me life. I tend to eat about 5-6 times not huge meals but even small snacks. This helped to increase my appetite so that I could get closer to what I should be eating in a day. I weigh my food on a scale because I am a horrible judge of portion.
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    I weigh your goal weight, 102lbs, at 5' 3" and even to potter about round the house for a day, I need to eat around 1600cal to stay this weight. If I eat 1600 and do an hour of exercise, I'm at enough of a deficit to lose 0.5lb a week. I used to weight your start weight, back in the day, too, so it's achievable on far more calories than you're logging.

Either you're not logging correctly, or you might want to go and see your doctor to make sure everything's working as it should.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    Thank you all for the sound advice I will try to eat more mostly protein and try with the weights and see what happens my original post my exercise is not loads its approx 2 hrs or less idont ache afterwards or get out of breath

2 hrs a day ?
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I dont weigh my food tbh as I dont have the time I mostly go off generics but also the packaging it came in but sometimes I might add a few more calories not ofteb though as a feel with somethings that arent on mfp have more calories probably 50 cals or so but not often

I personally believe you are probably eating more than you think. You would most definately be losing weight if only eating 1000 cal
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    Yes but not 7 days a week and its only on my trampette and its at a steady pace not vigorously
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    I might be eating more calories but I dont weigh my food but what I do eat ie not the calories, is correct but im not losing weight nor gaining it
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    Yes but not 7 days a week and its only on my trampette and its at a steady pace not vigorously

Is that a trampoline? For 2 hours?? Can you get out and walk or jog? Don't you get bored? I couldn't do any exercise for 2 hrs!
  • mrlang
    mrlang Posts: 9
    Options
    Have you plateaued and unsure why?
    I have and so I did some research. Did you know that when you are eating too few calories your body thinks it needs to store your fat in order to make you live? Here is a link to find your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate-the amount of calories your body needs just to be at rest) Once you determine your BMR you can go onto find how many calories to maintain your current weight or create up to a 500 calories deficit to lose up to one pound per week safety. I now know I set my goal too low at 1500 when I need closer to 1800 for my activity level :)
    Check out yours....

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/
  • leeannsandon
    Options
    I use the trampette as my routine is as follows

6:30 get up get bus to work, I sit most of the time in work
    4:30 get bus home both having a short ten minute walk to, from bus stop, home
    7pm get kids in bed watch tv and put head phones on and the time flies by, IM not really an outside person and live in an area where people can be critical and dont wanna look like an idiot when I jog because I do look daft jogging
    I do walk a bit on a saturday taking my girls into town twenty mins down hillnthen twenty mins uphill but thats not every week