Breakfast Ideas for Busy Worker

Options
13»

Replies

• naturallee_me
    naturallee_me Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am currently obsessed with homemade muesli.
    I make it in plastic bowls with lids on Sundays. I put in my muesli base (from Holland and Barrett in the UK. It has oats, jumbo oats, rye flakes, barley flakes and wheat flakes in it) and then I add some nuts and seeds. I like to use different nuts and seeds every day. This morning I had Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds. Yesterday it was pecans, walnuts, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds. Pop the lid on and stick it in the cupboard until needed.
    Then in the mornings I just add some fresh fruit, like berries, banana, watermelon, chopped apple, pear etc and I pour on some milk.

It is so much nicer than store bought muesli and cheaper too.

I just found a recipe for this in mason Jars. I am going to make it this Sunday!
  • Miss_Hiker_Pants
    Miss_Hiker_Pants Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I cook ahead. I found a recipe on 100 days of real food, whole wheat banana pancakes. I cook them up, freeze them & just heat in the microwave, and serve with organic syrup or fruit.
  • beanrider
    beanrider Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I recently learned how to make a one egg omelette in the microwave. Put an egg in paper cup (the thick ones for hot beverages), add bit of milk, beat it up, add your favorite ingredients (mushroom and cheese for me) and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds. Quick, easy and yummy.
  • lfranklin07
    Options
    I work a 9-5 mon-fri I make these turkey sausage muffins on sundays to last the week. its convenient healthy and so easy. my boyfriend and I love them. I use less cheese for mine because i dont really like cheese.

Breakfast: Ingredients
    For the sausage
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 pound ground turkey
    1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
    1 teaspoon fennel seeds
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon dried parsley
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    For the muffins
    2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked in oil), finely chopped
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    8 large eggs
    1 tablespoon chives
    Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
    2. In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for five minutes or until onion has browned and softened. Remove from skillet and cool for 10 minutes.
    3. In a medium bowl, combine turkey and the onion mixture. Add the rest of the sausage ingredients, and mix with your hands until thoroughly blended.
    4. Form patties of desired width and thickness (3-inch wide by 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch thick works well) by hand. Cook in the skillet over medium heat for eight minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165 degrees and the meat is no longer pink. Set aside to cool, then chop and crumble sausage into bite-size pieces.
    5. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, basil, oregano, onion powder, and salt.
    6. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Pour into the broccoli mixture and mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups and top with chives.
    7. Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
    150 Calories 306mg Sodium 12.3g Protein
  • marcusaureliusvii
    marcusaureliusvii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife and I pick a ton of berries in summer and freeze them so we have enough for smoothies year round. I usually eat breakfast at 8 as I'm leaving for work. This takes me 2-3 minutes to make, then I drink it on the road.

I put all the ingredients into a my magic bullet:

- cup of frozen berries
    - 1 scoop of whey protein from costco
    - 1 serving (3/4 cup) of costco brand 0% MF plain greek yogurt
    - a bit of water

Blend it up.

I stay full until I take lunch around noon.
  • naturallee_me
    Options
    Sorry for the late response, but I did not get any notifications that people had responded. I think I changed my settings to fix this though. Most of these sound really yummy!

I guess I should have mentioned that I am actually a breakfast person. I love breakfast ,so granola/cliff bars and/or coffee and water don't do it for me. I will find myself heading to the cafe downstairs ordering up some pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs with cheese. :frown: Basically right to a sodium, fat and high calorie breakfast....

I did find some make ahead meals that you place in mason jars on pinterest. I"m going to try this one
    http://www.downtoearthnw.com/blogs/dwellwellnw/2011/sep/05/jar-scrambles/
    next week.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Over night protein oatmeal. My go to.
  • naturallee_me
    Options
    I work a 9-5 mon-fri I make these turkey sausage muffins on sundays to last the week. its convenient healthy and so easy. my boyfriend and I love them. I use less cheese for mine because i dont really like cheese.

Yummy! Thanks!
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want that recipe for the quiche cups!:happy:
  • SloRose
    SloRose Posts: 67
    Options
    I bring two pieces of Dave's Killer Bread (60 calories each organic whole grain) and two egg whites (you can have the whole egg if you choose to) to work and it keeps me full until lunch.

Hope this helps!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Lean cuisine turkey sausage breakfast sandwich. They are really good and you just microwave them.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas. I've been looking for tips so I dont have to buy breakfast at work.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal. I know such an exotic meal but it works for me.

or i eat some fruit and yogurt.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I make an egg scramble sunday when I meal prep so a few mornings a week all I have to do is microwave. Also you could use that in sandwich form with wheat toast.

I'll do a chocolate rice cake with peanut butter, oatmeal, or a banana with peanut butter on it. (notice a pattern/slight obsession with pb?!)
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is great!! There are tons of recipes, if you google it. YUM!!
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with granola and fruit. I have one of those containers that allows me to separate the granola from the yogurt/ fruit so I can bring it to work with me and add the granola when I get there.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I purchased something called the Breakfast Maker from Tupperware and it makes Omelettes in the microwave. Its awesome!