OT-Men's gifts

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
I'm fine with main gifts for my husband, but he said for stocking stuffers he would like candy (not a problem) and maybe some little things he could use for work (problem).

He does snow removal in the winter, and landscaping the rest of the year. I thought about just wandering the aisles of Aco, but some ideas would be helpful. Can anyone suggest any cheaper, little things he could use for work? If you work in this field (or basically any manual labor type job) what would you like? For what it's worth, he already said he isn't a big fan of those handwarmer things.

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    How about something like this?

http://www.rei.com/product/760710
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Oh...wanna swap hubbys? I don't know what to get mine but I got ideas for yours!

-those slip over traction device thingys for your shoes/boots so you don't fall on the ice
    -earmuffs/head band with built in head phones
    -some type of manly hand goo/lotion for cracking and chapping
    -lip balm for same reason as above
    -pocket knife (nothing fancy, just a blade...I have one that just uses a box cutter blade and I LOVE it)

Hope that helps!
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    -pocket knife (nothing fancy, just a blade...I have one that just uses a box cutter blade and I LOVE it)

A leatherman/multi-tool would be boss. I use my mini one everywhere.
  • tater8589
    Options

A leatherman/multi-tool would be boss. I use my mini one everywhere.

I agree a multi tool would be a good idea and they range in price from $10.00 to $50.00 and up. Just depends what kind you want.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Gloves?!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    THE TORCH
    http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

The discovery of fire is one of the greatest discoveries known to mankind. Now discover the Torch...

* This Torch burns bright. Currently being tested by Guinness World Records this is the world's brightest and most powerful flashlight. With 4100 lumens of raw light power, its a full 100 lumens brighter than the previous record holder.
    * The Torch can burn hot. You can hold the body of the flashlight as the heat-resistant lens burns plastic, lights paper on fire, and cooks eggs and marshmallows. For a bright light or light-grilling this is the perfect accessory for the outdoor enthusiast.
    * >Built for the 21st century. A flashlight this bright and powerful can't be made of flimsy plastic. You can be confident in the quality of the construction when you're buying from the home of the world's most powerful lasers. The 100 Watts halogen bulb is fitted with a durable high-heat rated lens. The casing is made of a military-grade aluminum.

Fits snugly in a stocking and costs a mere $199.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When my husband frames up houses in the winter, I like to buy him this little pouches that slip into his gloves and boots that warm up and keep them warm for a few hours. They are pretty cheap, and you could buy a bunch of them! My husband also wears insulated socks. Some can get up to $13 a pair, but they last forever and don't rip! I think they are called Gortex? Maybe a thermos with a few packs of hot chocolate in there? Or a warm face mask type of hat?