What do you want to say to certain people at the gym?

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Please stop staring at my boobs and butt when I lift... I can see you lol
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It's not a squat if you don't break parallel!
  • lozzatao
    lozzatao Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Get off the d*amn bench while you're updating your Facebook page .. or tweeting all your non gym going mates that you are at the gym .. but only working out your fingers !!! aaaaaaagggghhhhhhhhhh !!
  • ConnieChick
    ConnieChick Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It's not a squat if you don't break parallel!
    What he said! I saw you Missie, making those Cleans into power cleans!
  • jeannevdl
    jeannevdl Posts: 33
    Options
    Girls who look like they had a professional make-up artist do their make-up prior to their gym session. I actually see them apply make-up in the locker room. Don't even break a sweat, come to gym to take a selfie.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It's cute that you have a boytoy, but could you two maybe go make out in the corner of some dimly-lit hallway (or, *gasp* your dorm!!) instead of making goo-goo eyes at each other on the only weight bench? YOU'RE IN MY WAY.

If you put your weights on the floor and walk out of the room, not only am I going to take them and use them, but I am going to think you are a complete twit when you come back in a minute or two later and whine that I took them. I don't care that your bf called. But kudos on going out to use the phone.

Thank you for helping me with my form.
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Is it really necessary to grunt that loudly???
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    1. To the pretty blonde with the amazing hair... that she keeps fiddling with: Yes, your hair looks fine.
    2. To the cardio bunnies that spend hours and hours on the dreadmill: If you have to hold on so you don't fall off, the incline is too much for you
    3. To that guy I see every day with the massive chest and arms...: Great work. But about the chicken legs... DONT SKIP LEG DAY... again.

That is all. for today.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

2) Heavy weight lifting with minimal nutrition guy. You work out like an animal, with your big weight belt strapped on tightly. You are very dedicated, I see you in the gym almost every time I’m here, grunting away. But you never seem to look any different. You are in your late 20s-early 30s and are in the prime of your life. You have big arms, a big barrel chest, a pot belly, and often tiny legs (because who wastes time on legs when you can work in another bench day?). I’m thinking that once you walk out of the gym, you don’t invest any effort into fueling your body properly, beyond that big protein shake. Have you considered logging your diet? If you are going to invest all of these hours in the gym, maybe you should consider nailing down your diet and seeing more progress? (There are also these machines and exercises that provide cardio benefits that you haven’t seemed to notice, but that is a discussion for another day...)

I used to work in a grocery store across the street from a gym. The swoll guys would come in shopping and I would check out their carts. Nothing but processed crap. All frozen meals or.Hamburger Helper type things. All I could think of was "Doesn't that all just negate what you did at the gym?" They were clearly muscular guys but muscularly fat or fatly muscular if that makes any sense. Their t!ts were nearly as big as mine.

I eat all frozen meals and Hamburger helper. It negates nothing. it builds muscle and it's convenient.

Guy doing chest fly's in the tricep extension pulley using two cables. Hey bro, see those FOUR dedicated chest fly cable machines. Go use them. I need to train arms. While you're at it, ditch the cable flies, they clearly arent working.

The only thing that really pisses me off is guys walking right in front of me then stopping and doing a set right in front of the mirror.

or guys traveling in bro packs of four.

Or guys doing quarter squats and looking at my squat bar with a smug look like "I'm doing more weight than you". No, no you are not.

just kidding, many things piss me off the gym. I am an angry, angry gym rat. The littlest things put me on edge
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Now I did this today during my deadlifts and yes, it was necessary to get that last rep up :drinker:
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    1. To the pretty blonde with the amazing hair... that she keeps fiddling with: Yes, your hair looks fine.
    2. To the cardio bunnies that spend hours and hours on the dreadmill: If you have to hold on so you don't fall off, the incline is too much for you
    3. To that guy I see every day with the massive chest and arms...: Great work. But about the chicken legs... DONT SKIP LEG DAY... again.

That is all. for today.

^this and to that same chicken legged dude....WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR NECK? How do you eat, with no neck??! :huh: (personal opinion = not attractive/impressive)
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    To the lady texting/FB while doing leg curls machine. If you are able to hold your phone, concentrate on a message, and do leg curls at the same time, you should consider going a little heavier.

To the friend of the aforementioned leg curl lady. Please pay attention to your form. You are chatting it up with your 10lb weights, and yes, you look cute, but please don't throw your back out!

Dear person who is waiting for 10 minutes to get that parking spot upfront, holding up the flow of traffic. You are at the gym....nuff said.

The lady that brings her 4 year old to a Zumba class packed with 50+ people. Stop! That poor baby is going to get trampled one of these days. The gym staff shouldn't have to tell you every week to take him to child watch.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Girls who look like they had a professional make-up artist do their make-up prior to their gym session. I actually see them apply make-up in the locker room. Don't even break a sweat, come to gym to take a selfie.

Guilty, but why should you care? I hit it hard every day.
  • Thatsmywrapgirl
    Options
    I go to the gym at my Alma Mater... Therefore it's jam packed with frat boy wannabes and girls whose shorts barely cover thier *kitten*.
    First of all... Muscles do not look like that in a "resting position" stop flexing while you walk. We get it Papa Bird, you've got a big chest!
    Second of all... WORK OUT. I can't tell you how many people stand around and talk for the entire time I'm there.
  • sexxxythick
    sexxxythick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey PERVERT! Stop staring in between my legs as I open and close them while I'm using the hip abductor machine!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've been thinking about re-joining a gym so I can lift heavier, but after reading these think I'll stay home and workout with the dog.
  • Lofteren
    Options

Now I did this today during my deadlifts and yes, it was necessary to get that last rep up :drinker:

I second this. Especially during squats and deadlifts. In fact, I snort ammonia, scream, slap myself in the face, cuss, throw chalk everywhere and turn Hatebreed up to insane levels of volume while doing squats and deadlifts so if all y'all heard was a grunt then consider yourselves lucky. I do train in my garage though lol.
  • Lofteren
    Options
    Hey PERVERT! Stop staring in between my legs as I open and close them while I'm using the hip abductor machine!!!

Hey PERVERT! Quit training to open your thighs more forcefully! :P
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I second this. Especially during squats and deadlifts. In fact, I snort ammonia, scream, slap myself in the face, cuss, throw chalk everywhere and turn Hatebreed up to insane levels of volume while doing squats and deadlifts so if all y'all heard was a grunt then consider yourselves lucky. I do train in my garage though lol.

[Ha ha ha love this!!!]
  • Lofteren
    Options

Guilty, but why should you care? I hit it hard every day.

Do you have an avatar of your face?