diet and sleep

Options
Hello,
I was just wandering if similar thing happens to you guys. When I'm on a diet I get insomnia. It drives me nuts and I don't know what to do.

Cheers
your never-sleeping-beauty-fellow

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I always eat better when I am eating properly and getting plenty of exercise. For that reason, I never diet. I change my eating habits that will last me a lifetime and will optimize my health and fitness as a whole. If you feel that your food intake is hurting you in ways such as your sleep, I would consider doing a little research to pinpoint the issue (calorie level, macro-nutrient ratio, minerals or vitamins lacking, etc) and change that up. I have seen most commonly that people experiencing this are not eating enough calories and/or are not getting enough exercise.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    wow that sucks. I get so cranky when I don't sleep. :(

Maybe if you lay in bed and think about all that you did and then start relaxing from your toes, saying to yourself, my toes are relaxing now then your feet then your shins, then up your legs and feel then relax then you'll be able to get some shut eye. :)

I have the opposite problem. I get so sleepy from all the working out etc that I can't wait to go to sleep.

Hang in there as your body adjusts so will your sleeping patterns.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I feel yah, when I was on 1200 cal a day I either couldn't fall asleep. or I'd wake up hungry. Now I eat closer to 1500 a day, and I'm sleeping much better, but usually before a serving of cheese almost always did the trick. Good luck tonight =)
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Is your conscience clear
  • cabocobo
    Options
    Is your conscience clear

confess your sins and sleep well lol

I am neurotic, so I do stress and blame myself for everything including global warming.
  • cabocobo
    Options
    thanks for your advices. I do under-eat calories, I'll try eating more
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    confess your sins and sleep well lol
    I am neurotic, so I do stress and blame myself for everything including global warming.

LMAO!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mikegohl
    mikegohl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had been waking up two hours early very hungry and couldn't fall back asleep. Now I saved one of my snacks to later in the evening and added protien to it. I has helped.

Mike
  • JOY621
    JOY621 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do have a same problem. Now I eat 1200 calories and I tend to wake up at 3:00am. This morning I ate my breakfast at 4:00am...lol.
  • cabocobo
    Options
    I do have a same problem. Now I eat 1200 calories and I tend to wake up at 3:00am. This morning I ate my breakfast at 4:00am...lol.

it's nice to hear that I'm not the only lunatic, there are more of us hanging around lol.