Curious on what YOUR doing?

Options

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I plan on logging my meals. Even if I end up being over, I figure I can do my best to adjust my other meals during the day. Plus, just because you skip logging the food, doesn't mean that the calories aren't there!:-P I probably will go over my calories by 500, unless I plan on eating just ONE meal on Christmas. I think my mom's Thanksgiving dinner was 1200 alone. One day of slip ups isn't going to derail everything, especially since I've been eating well up to this point. Since we'll be visiting my fiance's parents, we probably won't have the opportunity to exercise. However, if we have if we have a mild day, we might go for a walk or we might even go to the mall if the crowds aren't too bad.

Shannon
    I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to handle this weekend. Might not even deside until it happens. So I'd like to see what everyone else is doing.....Choose as many as apply

1. Logging All your Christmas meals

2. Not logging at all

3. Staying UNDER your calories

4. Going OVER your calories LESS than 500

5. Going OVER your calories MORE than 500

6. YES to exercise

7. NO to exercise
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but the grammar Nazi in me is screaming in agony... The title of your post should be "Curious about what you're doing" not "your" :)

Anyway. On Xmas eve and Xmas day: Not logging, probably going over, yes to exercise.
    Every other day: logging, stating under, exercise.
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I plan to log everything - if I am not accountable, I will fall off the wagon too easily.

Also plan to use moderation - I do not want to feel deprived, so if there is a food I really love and rarely have, I will have a couple of bites. Someone once said that is all you need of a food in order to feel satisified.

Since I am not really exercising much at this point due to my size and inability to move, I will probably just try to move around a bit more but not exercise per se.

I leave for my Mom's house after work today and return Friday, just in time to have a big meal at my in-laws Saturday afternoon. I plan to spend quite a bit of time on MFP to keep me motivated and focused. :bigsmile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but the grammar Nazi in me is screaming in agony... The title of your post should be "Curious about what you're doing" not "your" :)
    Breathes a sigh of relief.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to handle this weekend. Might not even deside until it happens. So I'd like to see what everyone else is doing.....Choose as many as apply

1. Logging All your Christmas meals - YES

2. Not logging at all - NO WHY WOULD I "START" OVER

3. Staying UNDER your calories - STAYING WITH MY CALORIES

4. Going OVER your calories LESS than 500 - NOT IF I CAN HELP IT - GET IN SOME EXERCISE TO BALANCE OUT CALORIES EATEN

5. Going OVER your calories MORE than 500 - NO WHY ARE CHRISTMAS EVE OR CHRISTMAS MEALS ANY DIFFERENT THAN ANY OTHER DAY....PORTIONS PORTIONS PORTIONS...

6. YES to exercise - ABSOLUTELY...IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY - I EXERCISE ON FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS WHEN I CAN SO WHY WOULDNT I THIS WEEKEND...

7. NO to exercise - NO - I'M GOING TO EXERCISE...
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I am exercising as normal. on Christmas and boxing day i will log breakfast/lunch and exercise to make sure i can eat a substantial dinner. Im aiming to LOSE over the holidays. Hopefully it works, it should.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Logging everything, exercising as much as possible, and giving myself a break (over on sugar? Really? At Christmas? Who'd have thought?)
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options

OH NO! embarrassed! :embarassed:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I changed my goals to maintenance. I'm visiting family for a month, so I don't have the same control over what I'm eating as I do when I'm home and making all my own meals. My goal is to always stay under the maintenance cals (which is almost 700 more than I have when I'm trying to lose, so that really shouldn't be too hard!!) and continue to log everything, even if I have to do it at the end of the day when I get home. I'm definitely logging on Christmas Eve and Christmas- I've actually already entered in exactly what I plan to eat! But I have no problem changing it up if I want to! No guilt. It is the holidays, a time to celebrate, and I get to spend time with family and friends that I never get to see (since I live on the other side of the country) so I'm just going to enjoy myself. I am going to try and get some exercise in if I can, but I'm not going to stress about it if I can't. And I have a plan all ready for when I get back home to up my exercise and really focus on getting in shape so I'm looking forward to that too!
  • DJJW
    Options
    My trouble is not wanting to Log. I'm cooking am I do alot of "on sight" measuring. The last thing I want to do is stand there and measure and write down and so on. I would like to enjoy a bit of sit down time too. So I think for the next couple of days I'll start punching in my "recipes' and estimate. So at least I'll have a ballpark of what goes in. And who knows how many servings everything is? Tricky Tricky.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I don't log. I eat pretty clean and I work out hard...when I feel like I deserve a treat, I have one. I logged everything in the beginning but once I was able to eyeball the true portion size, it became second nature to pick the correct portion.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    more than likely: 2,5 and 7.

:bigsmile:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options

first thing i noticed! hehe.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I PLAN to exercise, I PLAN to try and stay within 500 calories of goal, and I might log.

But really, If I can get over the trigger of all day grazing/drinking when I'm with family, that will be a big enough accomplishment for me. And I will be driving A LOT over the weekend, so while I hope to exercise, I don't know if I'll be able to fit it all in.

But Merry Christmas all!!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i'm definitely going to exercise! i'm definitely going to log my meals, not sure how the eating part will go but if i go over i'll feel bad about it for about 2 seconds then i'll get over it lol
  • abtropix
    abtropix Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Not logging in, trying to make healthy food choices, eat in moderation, exercise as much as I can! But I will not worry about logging in, I want to enjoy the holidays...
    Have a good one!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Im going to try , Im driving 12 hrs in the morning and going away for a week with a 12hr drive on the return.

Im not going to have access to a computer regulary and no access to a gym either.

So exercise is going to be running and walks , definatley going to control the diet , Ive got to or this will get ugly.

Most importantly Im not goin to stress and I am going to have fun.

Merry Christmas everyone.
  • COURTNEYL22
    COURTNEYL22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Since I just started MFP and I plan on being GOOD, but I doubt that I will be logging, and I will exercise if I find the time. I have a big family with lots of celebrations, and a boyfriend with a big family so I'm going all day Christmas Eve and Day! My outlook on it is it's two days to just not worry - but not to overdo it. You have 363 other days in a year to make up for it! Time to have fun with the family!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options

LoL
    It pained me too but I wasn't going to say anything.. :laugh:
    Too easy a typo to make. Probably even for a native..

@DJJW
    :flowerforyou:
  • DJJW
    Options

LoL
    It pained me too but I wasn't going to say anything.. :laugh:
    Too easy a typo to make. Probably even for a native..

@DJJW
    :flowerforyou:

Yes, yes. Trying to hurry and type before my kids take over my morning. I get in a hurry. I do know how to spell, just maybe not type. LOL:tongue: