Looking for C25K friends!

Options
My boyfriend and I started the couch to 5k on Monday and it's already kicking my butt. Looking for people also doing the training program who feel my side splint, heavy breathing pain.

Also, does anyone else feel like adding jogging to their routine gave you a crazy amount of calories to eat back? I have to really try to eat back all my calories on jogging days.

Replies

• Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just completed week 3 20 minutes ago.
    I could barely run the full minute on week one. It does get better believe me. There are great amazing days and there are tough days. I do it mon wed and fri. Monday sucks. Wednesday I seem to find it much easier and Friday is pretty good too. But so far my Wednesdays are awesome!
    Friend me if you'd like and lets help each other get through this challenging but rewarding running plan. :)
  • athena1224
    athena1224 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of week 1. I sort of wanted to die so I can commiserate with you guys!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am on W5 Day 3, which calls for me to jog 20 minutes straight! :sad: I am dreading it because the previous day only required 8 minutes straight!:grumble: I feel that it is a mind game, as marshy129 said, it gets better! I am training for the Diva's Run in Myrtle Beach, SC at the end of April, so I would like all of the C25K friends I can get for support! :drinker:
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am on W5 Day 3, which calls for me to jog 20 minutes straight! :sad: I am dreading it because the previous day only required 8 minutes straight!:grumble: I feel that it is a mind game, as marshy129 said, it gets better! I am training for the Diva's Run in Myrtle Beach, SC at the end of April, so I would like all of the C25K friends I can get for support! :drinker:

It is indeed a mind game! Lol!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
  • snappingosprey
    snappingosprey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 8 this Sunday.

Send me a friend invite if you'd like :)

After the first 6 weeks I felt my body adjusting well - it does get easier. The program works!

I've since started upping my speed a bit slowly each day (treadmill. Getting a real nice calorie burn (love eating those calories back), plus I'm running closer to 5K LOL
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I thought it said 25K, damn!
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I started the couch to 5k on Monday and it's already kicking my butt. Looking for people also doing the training program who feel my side splint, heavy breathing pain.

Also, does anyone else feel like adding jogging to their routine gave you a crazy amount of calories to eat back? I have to really try to eat back all my calories on jogging days.

You don't have to eat back all the calories you burn. If you eat some back, the rest won't be missed if your not hungry :P

My wife and I started the C25K program last week, was ok, but she says it was kicking her butt. She's 4'10" and I'm 6'4" and all I hear about is how it's so much easier for me to run cuz she runs behind me a bit. I just laugh and tell her I'm fatter, so it takes more energy to move my bigger legs, lol. I guess the longer stride helps me though :)
  • heartlandmama
    Options
    I just started the C25K program last night. I definitely thought I was going to die. I am vowing to stick with it. I have always wanted to be a runner and this is my chance! Would love some friends to do this with.
  • ldocampo
    ldocampo Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm currently on week 4 and doing day 2 today. Anyone else around that mark want to motivate each other?
  • GeorgieGuitar
    Options
    I just finished (literally haha!) week 2 day 1, is anyone else already feeling a lot better at it already? Week one day one almost killed me i swear, i ended up throwing up because i literally couldn't do anymore haha!
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Ive just completed Week 4 day 1, am loving it!
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just started and did week 1, day 1. Would love to buddy up with someone! I'm also doing ripped in 30!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I. Currently near the end of my c25k. W8 d1 - 2 jogs away from 30mins without stopping. When I started I could run 2 mins, let alone 28mins as of today.

I think I'm probably doing a different app to you lot as mine only jumped to 20mins at w6 d3! Mines a 9 week program, probably more lower jogs in between.

I actually find myself looking forward to my next jog. I alternate days. One on, one off!

Good look everyone. You can do this!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Im starting it tomorrow!! would love any tips....
  • shipley2480
    shipley2480 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just finished W3D1 love this program. Was a cross country runner when I was younger and I am looking forward to be able to run like that again. Feel free to add me. I update daily (90 day streak) and my diary is open.
  • yukino3006
    yukino3006 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me! im on w5d1 as of tomorrow!
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just finished the C25K last week, and it feels great to get thru it...

I started from barely being able to run 90 seconds - to now being able to go for 30 mins at 4.5 mph without stopping... I am now working on increasing my speed - I want to be able to run 30 mins at 6 mph (i.e. 10 min mile)... :smile:

I log on daily and my diary is open... Feel free to add me - new friends always welcome :drinker:
  • LauraJane2407
    LauraJane2407 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I loved the NHS C25K. I finished it lasted month and am keeping up the three to four runs a week now. Stick with the programme and you will get there. Has anybody tired the 5k plus podcasts?
  • ErynV15
    ErynV15 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I start week 4 day 1 today!!