What do you want to say to certain people at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Girls who look like they had a professional make-up artist do their make-up prior to their gym session. I actually see them apply make-up in the locker room. Don't even break a sweat, come to gym to take a selfie.

That's sad to hear. Guess they are there just to get a date.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've been thinking about re-joining a gym so I can lift heavier, but after reading these think I'll stay home and workout with the dog.

This ^^^ I haven't been in a gym in 9 years… and definitely NOT going back. A bench in the back yard is just fine. ;-)
  • HollyKarlsen
    HollyKarlsen Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home, never at a gym because I'm intimidated by it. Now I am certain I'll never go. People really ARE watching and judging everyone else.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Most people don't really bother me.

However, sometimes girls come in all made up and looking cute. I'm not sure why, because if they are REALLY going to work out, it means they will sweat and get their hair messy. My hair always feels crappy and sweaty after exercising.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Thank god I got most of the equipment at home now and quit the gym. Seeing all these remind me why I don't want to go back.
  • sexxxythick
    sexxxythick Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol...funny PERVERT!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    People really ARE watching and judging everyone else.

Yes they are and yes we do, just like in every single other situation in life. Our brains analyze data and assess situations (make judgments) every second of the time we are awake. I'm not sure why people find that offensive or try to pretend like it isn't happening.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If all you are going to do is sit on the machine and play on your phone, please move on I really need to use that machine....
  • KelliB3
    KelliB3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Haha we're all thinking it! The girls wearing tons of makeup prancing around, afraid to break a nail always make me laugh! As well as the people on their cell phones. If you're just out for a leisurely stroll to blab on the phone for an hour, do it elsewhere! Sometime looking to run a 10K could use that treadmill...

Oh, and one of my favorites is the girls in the locker room - always talking about how they're working out SO hard to loose weight but aren't seeing results. Maybe you'd get better results if you didn't chow down on that 300 calorie "energy" bar before your low key yoga class!

Ah even typing it feels good! Thanks for the laugh :)
  • nataliesweet19
    Options
    the person on the other treadmill: stop looking how much calories I burned and how fast I am going. It´s annoying. Just focus on your own treadmill. Thanks
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    To my gym I would simply say remove your TV's. They aren't helping anybody. Plus soap operas are not motivating.
  • dinojay28
    dinojay28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I want to tell this certain girl to stop trying to train people without the correct education she also lies to everybody saying she lost all of her 80+ lbs on her own when really she got gastric bypass! It's absurd and offesnisive to people who are actually working hard and doing it on their own giant SMH!
  • Parthus02
    Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank god I got most of the equipment at home now and quit the gym. Seeing all these remind me why I don't want to go back.

Amen to that. Plus most gyms are overpriced anyway.