I haven't lost weight in almost two weeks

Options
I am 183 and on a diet of 1300 calories, I exercise 6 times a week. I will have a vigorous day where I run for half an hour and the day afterwards where I will do abs workout for twenty minutes and walk my dog for an hour, I rotate these routines. In three months I lost 32 lbs, I loose 2 pounds a week. But before I left for March Break I bought a digital scale that I began using. Basically when I returned from my two week trip I had lost five pounds and for three days afterwards I lost a pound a day. But then afterwards it said my weight had gone up to 186; at first I just thought I was having a heavy day but then the time passed and it has now been 12 days and still I haven't lost weight. Can anyone help me out? Why did I stop losing weight and why did I gain three lbs?

Replies

• marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your weight will often fluctuate on a daily basis, which is why most people recommend weighing yourself only once a week max.

Also, how much more weight do you have/plan to lose? From what I've read on here, it seems that the closer people get to their goal, the harder it is to lose the weight. Maybe play around with your calories until you find the sweet spot? Or take measurements, because those might be dropping instead of the pounds. The scale definitely isn't the be all-end all.
  • Taymolly
    Taymolly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135, and I really just want to drop 40 lbs by this summer because I'm going to collage. Also, I would take measurements but I lost what you use to take them during my move. Also, I still don't understand why I'm not losing any weight anymore :(
  • marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My goal is 135, and I really just want to drop 40 lbs by this summer because I'm going to collage. Also, I would take measurements but I lost what you use to take them during my move. Also, I still don't understand why I'm not losing any weight anymore :(

For the gain…perhaps TOM? Eating more salty foods? Increasing weights/activity that could cause your muscles to hold onto some extra water temporarily to heal? You don't have your diary open to the public, so it's really hard to tell you more.

Personally though, I really think that weighing yourself so many times (every day or whatever) is only going to frustrate you, because you're going to see those tiny fluctuations. I've tried weighing myself every day for one week, just to see how it all went, and I noticed a fluctuation of nearly seven pounds up and down.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Keep your diet the same and change up your work out, either by doing different activities or changing up the intensity. If you continue not losing weight, then try adjusting your calories. Don't try changing your exercise and calories at the same time, otherwise you won't know which was causing your problem.
  • Taymolly
    Taymolly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks I'll try that!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I am 183 and on a diet of 1300 calories,

To much a deficit
    I exercise 6 times a week

To high of an energy burn.

Try this.

Resistance training 3x a week with 2 sessions of HIIT cardio.

Eat 1600 a day.