• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Strangely turned on now.

IKR?
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm O Negative. Do you give blood? You're a universal donor ( can save anyones life) you know :)
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    hunks+peter+steele.jpg
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm O- ..... I can save anyone's life (universal)! :) What are we "supposed" to be eating? If it's pizza & beer, I'm TOTALLY in!!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I'm O+ and the Red Cross used to call like clockwork but now that I'm disqualified for life, they don't bug me no mo... lol
  • mzbek24
    Options
    Don't quote me, but I think I read the O blood types tend to need/crave more red meat. That seems pretty consistent with me, always been more of a Carnivore!
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hunks+peter+steele.jpg

I'm rather embarassed that I caught that goth/doom metal reference immediately. Mmmmmm, Peter Steele. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmm... Oh, uh, what were we talking about again???
  • The_Iron_Beast
    Options
    hunks+peter+steele.jpg

I'm rather embarassed that I caught that goth/doom metal reference immediately. Mmmmmm, Peter Steele. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmm... Oh, uh, what were we talking about again???

Why are you embarrassed that you know who Type O Negative is?
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I think OP is referring to "Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Peter D'Adamo. There is really no science backing it up. If it makes you feel great, then super! Keep doing it, but know that any benefit you are getting is probably a coincidence.

ETA this graphic for those honestly curious what is suggested:

Blood-Type-O.jpg
  • everforever8
    everforever8 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I'm O+ I've heard of people eating for their body type, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of eating for my blood type. I might have to research this.
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    hunks+peter+steele.jpg

Why are you embarrassed that you know who Type O Negative is?

Okay, not all that embarassed. I distinctly remember being uncharacteristically flustered upon meeting Mr. Steele in person waaaay back in the day. Not being able to form a coherent string of multi-syllabic words to Mr. Steele, who was disarmingly polite and gracious to his fans, *WAS* embarassing. :blushing:
  • Maleficent0241
    Options
    Hello.
    I'm O+ I've heard of people eating for their body type, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of eating for my blood type. I might have to research this.

lean, high protein diet apparently. Wow! who would have thought that eating lean meats could contribute to a healthy lifestyle!?

Yep. This diet was all the rage at my work about 10 years ago. It's not that it's unhealthy, it's just unnecessarily restrictive with no really solid backing behind it.
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A+, so I guess we can't be friends...

My quick Google search tells me that As "flourish on vegetarian diets." I am a vegetarian. That's all the scientific backing I need. :wink:
  • mzbek24
    Options
    Yeah I'm interested in it as well. I think as long as it doesn't exclude necessary food groups too much, theres no real harm in trying it on for size and seeing how your body responds to it. I know Miranda Kerr follows the Blood Type diet and said she feels physically a lot better on it. I'd be more interested in how a real life person went with it, though lol.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I think OP is referring to "Eat Right 4 Your Type" by Peter D'Adamo. There is really no science backing it up. If it makes you feel great, then super! Keep doing it, but know that any benefit you are getting is probably a coincidence.

ETA this graphic for those honestly curious what is suggested:

Blood-Type-O.jpg

Looks like a circulatory horoscope...

But really, if this were true, most of my recent issues wouldn't have occurred... It's kinda funny to me too that it says Os are prone to autoimmune issues like arthritis but recommends running as exercise o_O
  • Maleficent0241
    Options
    I think a better way is to eat everything that is recommended to each blood type. Fish, lean meat, fruit, vegetables, complex carbs, etc. That almost sounds like what is recommended by almost everyone in the business (aka: the logical way to be healthier). Blood type eating is just a gimmick IMO.

Exactly. I'm supposed to avoid meat, but supposedly also am prone to anemia. In the real world, I do tend to be anemic a lot in my blood tests, and I am downright miserable if I don't eat red meat on a fairly regular basis - seems to be the only thing that brings my levels up without supplements. Oops, so much for the vegetarian thing!