Does your dog bother you when you workout in your frontroom?

Options
13»

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    My chow tries to jump on me - it doesn't matter what kind of exercise, the stationary bike, treadmill, Jillian Michaels DVD, even just dancing to music cd's etc. I have to block the door to keep her out or she will pester me to death. It is almost too comical to see her doing it though.
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have a border collie mix that will just lay and watch me on the tread mill like I am crazy because I am not really going any where and then I also have a 140 lb Rotti that has to sit on me when I do any kind of floor exercise.

They drive me nuts but they are my babies.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Oh my god my dog used to hump the my big bean bag whenever i did my aerobics dvds!! Haha, VERY creepy!!

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    My kitties are nearly always underfoot if I'm working out to one of my DVDs. Mr. Tadakichi is a scaredy-cat and gets out of the way pretty quicky, but Jayne thinks it's a good time to try and get my attention because he is in need of a cuddlefest RIGHT NOW. :laugh:

Your male cat's name is Jayne? OMG! Hello fellow Browncoat! :flowerforyou:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Oh my two multi cultural dogs aka mutts love when I work out. They get all excited and bite my feet, jump up and down in front of me, and then they start wrestling with each other. I think I get a better workout with them around b/c I'm having to put out extra effort to avoid them! Then if I even think about abs or stretching its game over for me! I end up laughing so hard b/c they end up on top of me licking my face.
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My cat likes to attack my feet!

Mine too, LOL:laugh:
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    When I'm doing pilates in my room and am doing something like the plank my big fluffy cat likes to come rub up against me (which is oh so fun when I'm gross and sweaty) and lie on my mat right when I'm going to drop down.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I have the same problem as a lot here with the cat, no dog thankfully. Cats don't like to let you workout I've noticed. Don't try to do pushups or down dog or plank or anything like that with cats, they'll flop underneath you.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have two little attention hogs (oops, I mean dogs)...I have to put up the baby gate in order to do any yoga!
  • KTGator
    Options
    My animals like to bother me when I first get started, but then they settle down. The cute thing is my 47-pound border collie will actually mimick me when I'm doing yoga - I do downward facing dog, he does downward facing dog - it's adorable!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I've got four large dogs and if the weather is good, I have to lock them outside while I workout. Tucker is attached to my hip, or would at least love it if he were so I can't do anything without him under foot, literally. When the weather is bad, I have to build a barrier with the dining room chairs so they can't get into the living room. They all stand around the chairs as if the only thing that matters in the world is saving me from the workout. I love them but it's impossible to work out when they are in the living room with me.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My one year lab retriever pup likes to lick the sweat off my face, lay on the yoga mat cuddle with my while I do sit ups, and bark at me when I do jumping jacks. Shes a real gem to workout with! lol
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've got four large dogs and if the weather is good, I have to lock them outside while I workout. Tucker is attached to my hip, or would at least love it if he were so I can't do anything without him under foot, literally. When the weather is bad, I have to build a barrier with the dining room chairs so they can't get into the living room. They all stand around the chairs as if the only thing that matters in the world is saving me from the workout. I love them but it's impossible to work out when they are in the living room with me.

LMAO!