I love 21-Day Fix! Starting Round 2 today!

Options

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    You go out there and do whatever the hell you want to do! (Hodgetwins voice) Now, I saw another person say clean eating. Can someone please, please define clean eating?! And do it in a way that if fits everyone's lifestyle and fitness goals. I saw a post yesterday that said "5 day clean eating challenge" or some crap. A person said "Cool, what are the rules?" She posted something like Whole grains, lean protein, whole food, minimal dairy, nothing processed. Everything in this list besides whole food is processed. Most things you eat has been processed. JUST EAT YOUR FOODS PEOPLE! That slice of bread or serving of ice cream will not kill your gains or progress. Hell, have a serving in a half. Bet you stick to your calories better. If you have no self control and will pig out, fine don't eat what will be a trigger for you. But, don't make food the villain and try and group things as clean or dirty. Have a nice day.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OP - just so you know ..you are still counting calories, you are just paying someone else to do it for you ..

I rest my case.

+1
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You go out there and do whatever the hell you want to do! (Hodgetwins voice) Now, I saw another person say clean eating. Can someone please, please define clean eating?! And do it in a way that if fits everyone's lifestyle and fitness goals. I saw a post yesterday that said "5 day clean eating challenge" or some crap. A person said "Cool, what are the rules?" She posted something like Whole grains, lean protein, whole food, minimal dairy, nothing processed. Everything in this list besides whole food is processed. Most things you eat has been processed. JUST EAT YOUR FOODS PEOPLE! That slice of bread or serving of ice cream will not kill your gains or progress. Hell, have a serving in a half. Bet you stick to your calories better. If you have no self control and will pig out, fine don't eat what will be a trigger for you. But, don't make food the villain and try and group things as clean or dirty. Have a nice day.

Love the Hodgetwins :love:

FYI - I am not one of the admitted "clean" eaters but I have yet to get a direct answer. So don't hold your breath. Have a nice day to you as well :flowerforyou:
  • Fixedat53
    Options
    I have done two rounds of the 21 Day Fix, as of tomorrow I will have completed the 2nd round. I lost 10.5 pounds the first round, after having lost 15 pounds on just a "diet" during the 6 weeks prior to the Fix. Sure people can say negative things about it and call us users stupid because someone else is counting our calories for us. But that is the JOY of this plan! For people who have busy lives its so easy to fill a container with your food. I always put mine on a plate or in a bowl, I don't eat out of the containers. And to address some of the comments:

Certain foods, like nuts, are not measured in a container, but by number...you can have 8 cashews for example, or 20 peanuts.

Macronutrients ARE figured into the eating plan with a 30P/30F/40C ratio.

Shakeology is not like any other protein shake currently on the market as it is full of many great ingredients. I like it and use it, but it is optional.

The workouts are fantastic, with excellent results. I started from fat, flabby and out of shape and now I look much much better. I am starting round 3 on Monday. The beauty of the Fix is you can do it over and over without a break, as it is a very healthy plan.

When you reach goal they show you how to continue the healthy eating for the rest of your life - hopefully you won't need to use the containers anymore as you should know what portion sizes to eat, but you CAN use them if you want, or just to re-enforce the portion control every now and then.

Because each workout is different, and there are increasing intensity levels, a person (like me!) will be able to use these workouts for a very long time.

So for any negatives Nellies out there, don't knock it until you try it....and cut those of us trying to improve our health and fitness a break for heaven sakes.
  • Fixedat53
    Options
    I am not a Beachbody Coach, by the way, and don't plan to become one. I would post a picture of my progress but I don't know how.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I have done two rounds of the 21 Day Fix, as of tomorrow I will have completed the 2nd round. I lost 10.5 pounds the first round, after having lost 15 pounds on just a "diet" during the 6 weeks prior to the Fix. Sure people can say negative things about it and call us users stupid because someone else is counting our calories for us. But that is the JOY of this plan! For people who have busy lives its so easy to fill a container with your food. I always put mine on a plate or in a bowl, I don't eat out of the containers. And to address some of the comments:

Certain foods, like nuts, are not measured in a container, but by number...you can have 8 cashews for example, or 20 peanuts.

Macronutrients ARE figured into the eating plan with a 30P/30F/40C ratio.

Shakeology is not like any other protein shake currently on the market as it is full of many great ingredients. I like it and use it, but it is optional.

The workouts are fantastic, with excellent results. I started from fat, flabby and out of shape and now I look much much better. I am starting round 3 on Monday. The beauty of the Fix is you can do it over and over without a break, as it is a very healthy plan.

When you reach goal they show you how to continue the healthy eating for the rest of your life - hopefully you won't need to use the containers anymore as you should know what portion sizes to eat, but you CAN use them if you want, or just to re-enforce the portion control every now and then.

Because each workout is different, and there are increasing intensity levels, a person (like me!) will be able to use these workouts for a very long time.

So for any negatives Nellies out there, don't knock it until you try it....and cut those of us trying to improve our health and fitness a break for heaven sakes.

I'm actually thinking of doing this. Can you give me an example of the proteins you eat? Can I still eat my turkey burgers?
  • mindyvanwesten
    Options
    yes you can! i eat them all the time. any protein that is lean meat. eggs, protein powder, yogurt, cottage cheese. chicken,fish tuna, beef lean.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!!!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I so want to support (all) you on your journey, whatever it is!! Sometimes we have to try alot of different and sometimes very expensive things to finds what fits for us. Everybody and Every Body is different! We may all have different opinions about what worked FOR US. But we can still be kind!

I am just starting out with 21 day fix and believe me when I say I have tried everything out there.........yes including counting calories. 21 day fix is very inexpensive and helps me tremendously with portion control. I could easily say i ate a 4 oz portion of something when it was actually 8 oz. I am a visual learner. So to have actual containers with lids, to contain me LOL, I am learning true portion control. And no I do not do the BB protein powder, and the 21 day fix was only 40.00 and also contains many different workouts, which I love. I will never have to buy anything else to do this for the rest of my life. Pretty small price to pay for my health me thinks :)

So whatever you journey, remember there are many different roads that work. I am praying I have found the one that works for me. I will let you know. Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    21 days is 3 weeks and they say that it takes 3 weeks to get into a habit of making a change. I do not have this program, but it is like any other plan that helps you to follow the basic wheel we learned in grade school. So many fruits veggies, protein, fats and breads. It is portion control and a way for people to learn. Some people use measuring cups, some use the palm method,

I have spent most of my life with a passion for nutrition and exercise. I was a runner, I bike and my goals have always been geared to a 4-6 week plan. I love love exercise dvds because it is easy at 430 am before work and for most of my life I have set goals in 30 day to 6 week intervals, because it works.

So that being said . I am on day 21 of P90X3 I am not a coach ...AND I am going to follow the containers 21 day plan for 6 days of my transition week to Block 2 of P90X3...because I want to ...

We all do what works for us...:)

Good luck with your second round of the 21 day fix
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Oh, look.....another Shakeology advert. Awesome! :angry:
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh, look.....another Shakeology advert. Awesome! :angry:
    Where?
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people. Thankfully there are so many choices. Be happy for anyone that is putting in the effort, and has found something that works for them. The end result is they aremaking a positive change in their life. Yah!!!! Isn't that what this website is about?
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people. Thankfully there are so many choices. Be happy for anyone that is putting in the effort, and has found something that works for them. The end result is they aremaking a positive change in their life. Yah!!!! Isn't that what this website is about?

yes and thank you!!:flowerforyou: I am on day 7 of round 1 and for the first time in YEARS feel like I may have found what works for ME. I am so very very grateful! Joy
  • allredal
    allredal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    She said she does NOT use the protein.
  • gingersnap303
    Options

Sadly, that has NOT been my experience here since I joined in January. Nothing directly to me (although that may now change), but when I've lurked in the threads over the last 4 months, I just cringe at the behavior of many of the posters here. Clearly they need to re-read the MFP forum guidelines...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank goodness I've been able to get into my own rhythm, apply a diet provided to me by an RD and get my thyroid prescription in place. I've now lost 32 lbs since January. Do I count calories and practice portion control? Yes. I also have a very specific diet I have to adhere to. Again, RD prescribed. And I've found a better free ap (for me) than MFP's.

Sadly, I feel that this is not a place where I can come to talk about my successes or ask for advice. Case in point: I was looking into the 21 day fix as a workout, not as a diet. Why? I need guidance in working out and am looking into DVDs for beginners. These seem ideal so I have been researching reviews here and elsewhere. This is the ONLY place I have seen the level of snark regarding the program. And there is no monotone about it, it's 100% snark.

I just had to say something after seeing so many people puke all over the OPs success.
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just started this plan a few days ago and I'm LOVING the workouts. The instructor is motivating but not annoying. And I must say OMG I'm SO sore just after these 2 workouts---my ABS (which NEVER seem to get sore) and my butt especially.

I had previously been doing 50+ minutes of Turbo Fire, P90X, and some other longer, more "hardcore" workouts prior to this and was a little skeptical that the workouts might be too easy. But no, they are *just* challenging enough that I feel like I'm working, but not killing myself. So, 2 thumbs up so far!

Sadly, that has NOT been my experience here since I joined in January. Nothing directly to me (although that may now change), but when I've lurked in the threads over the last 4 months, I just cringe at the behavior of many of the posters here. Clearly they need to re-read the MFP forum guidelines...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Thank goodness I've been able to get into my own rhythm, apply a diet provided to me by an RD and get my thyroid prescription in place. I've now lost 32 lbs since January. Do I count calories and practice portion control? Yes. I also have a very specific diet I have to adhere to. Again, RD prescribed. And I've found a better free ap (for me) than MFP's.

Sadly, I feel that this is not a place where I can come to talk about my successes or ask for advice. Case in point: I was looking into the 21 day fix as a workout, not as a diet. Why? I need guidance in working out and am looking into DVDs for beginners. These seem ideal so I have been researching reviews here and elsewhere. This is the ONLY place I have seen the level of snark regarding the program. And there is no monotone about it, it's 100% snark.

I just had to say something after seeing so many people puke all over the OPs success.

So agree with you. I chalk it up to immaturity and ignorance

I belong to Video Fitness Forum and that is a *much* better and more supportive place to talk about workouts like this. Granted, they discourage "diet" talk, but again, for just discussing and reviewing videos, it's awesome.
  • gingersnap303
    Options

So agree with you. I chalk it up to immaturity and ignorance

I belong to Video Fitness Forum and that is a *much* better and more supportive place to talk about workouts like this. Granted, they discourage "diet" talk, but again, for just discussing and reviewing videos, it's awesome.

I belong there too, and yes the reviews there are much more positive. And the people who don't like a program? They just say they don't like it and they returned it or trade it. Much more positive atmosphere there. ;)
  • thisprettygirlgetsfit
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I have tried several other programs... counting calories on my own and nothing worked as well as the 21 day fix. The calorie range works for me and Im full every day. Meal prep is a snap.

Oh and shakeology... I had to give those up. I got to a point where I couldn't tolerate the taste at all. Not even a little bit. I share them with a friend who loves them. I'm losing weight. Feeling great and I'm on my second round. All is well. :)