toning tables worth it or not???

Options
so can anyone give me some input on toning tables? A friend of mine invited me to go along with her yesterday to try it out and it was relaxing but it kinda just felt like all it was doing it shaking all my nasty flabby fat around all over my body and today im so sore i can barely move :( so worth it or not?????

Replies

• mollybuck
    mollybuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not! They are just after your money. I remember when they first came out and it was such a fad. You will not build any muscle or lose any fat but your wallet will be lighter.
  • kellyj5201
    kellyj5201 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i kinda thought the same thing but just wanted some other opinions :) thanks!
  • CycleCarolina
    CycleCarolina Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I was recruited to work at one such business. I knew the owner, and simply couldn't say no. After working a short time, I had been taught all the "right things to say", including "oh, yes, I use them all the time". (Actually, I was training for a triathlon, and had just finished a season of rowing.) Shortly after my employment began, someone mentioned to me that the boss only hired me because of my fitness level and appearance. I quit immediately, and felt betrayed by the owner. Everyone who enters one of those businesses should feel betrayed by the owner.
  • donnamarieyates
    Options
    In certain circumstances they can be good. I worked with toning tables for a short while. A few of our clients had mobility problems which meant the couldn't exercise normally and the results were very positive.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Dafuq is a toning table? And why would it work?

When it comes to suspect devices and methods and having questions about them, do what I do: imagine walking up to 20 of the fittest men and women on Venice Beach and asking them if they got that way by using toning tables or red light therapy or body wraps or toning cream or ketones or 6 minute abs or or or..... Then guess what percentage of them would say yes. It's pretty much going to be zero.

(h/t: Yoovie)