Boobs SOS

Options
2»

Replies

• tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem all the time!! When body glide wasn't enough, I would use sports tape right under the front bottom, center where it would rub the most! Works like a charm. Just don't use the tape on broken skin. Also, Champion has great sports bras with different levels of support depending on your cup size. Go girl!! :)

Guess I'll add sports tape to the list! And thanks for the Champion suggestion, that seems more my price range :)
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm super chesty so finding the right sports bra for me is hard. Moving Comfort is the best brand I've found so far. The support is amazing. No chaffing or uncomfortable rubbing of any kind. They are more expensive but really worth every penny.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Especially for the runners out there, have any of you had this issue? And if so how did you solve it or alleviate it?

I bought a better quality bra
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have good quality bras (Moving Comfort and the Lululemon Ta-ta tamer) but will still chafe on long runs. I sweat a lot too and tend to chafe in other random places too, I think I am just really prone to it. Getting into the bathtub after a long run is always a fun experience to find out what unexpected place chafed this time. The bra line and thighs are my main concern and I have pretty much got them under control now.
    While Body Glide does not work for my thighs, it works well for my bra line. Vasoline is just as good.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Invest in a proper cup-sized sports bra. The ones that come in Small, Medium etc are useless unless you're pretty flat-chested. Look out for Shock Absorber or Panache Sport. They're a bit more expensive but it's worth it to avoid another incident like this!

+1 for Shock Absorber. I'm a DD and this bra is a miracle.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo! guess that's always a good sign :P
    And I'll definitely keep the two bras thing in mind since a couple other ladies suggested that as well. I knew bras were expensive, but $80 for a bra that I might once again be too small for seems out of the budget at the moment

Amazon! You can find several of the bras mentioned on Amazon for way cheaper.
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you've never had a problem with that bra before, then congratulations: it's a sign you've lost weight! I've discovered that while you can put off buying new clothes for quite a while as you shrink, that doesn't apply to sports bras. I use them for both running and horse riding, and would give myself a black eye if I didn't keep buying new ones! Sometimes, two cheap supermarket ones worn together can work as well as one expensive one - especially because the two layers mean that the friction happens between the two bras, not between the bra and your skin.

And I'll definitely keep the two bras thing in mind since a couple other ladies suggested that as well. I knew bras were expensive, but $80 for a bra that I might once again be too small for seems out of the budget at the moment

Girl I feel your pain!!!! I'm a size 42F and I seriously cannot get over the sticker shock of the bras meant for my chest size! Especially when I'm losing a bunch of weight and know in a month I'll need to spend that amount AGAIN for a new one. Eek! I double up sports bras for now, and it seems to do the trick, but I'm also not running anywhere near as long as you so I can't say for sure how much it'd help in your case.
  • Spacegirlley
    Spacegirlley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of body glide until this post. After looking it up, I doubt I'll be switching. I use curash powder to stop chaffing, which is a baby powder. Works brilliantly and is 1/6th of the price of body glide. I guess the only drawback to it is it's not invisible like the body glide. For me however I usually cover the area with clothing so nobody sees it anyway.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of body glide until this post. After looking it up, I doubt I'll be switching. I use curash powder to stop chaffing, which is a baby powder. Works brilliantly and is 1/6th of the price of body glide. I guess the only drawback to it is it's not invisible like the body glide. For me however I usually cover the area with clothing so nobody sees it anyway.

Vasoline is a cheaper option for Body Glide, it is just a little messier to put on.
    I do use a powder when not exercising (if I am wearing a dress) but I sweat if off much too quickly for running (not saying you shouldn't, do what works)
  • tgmichelleee
    Options

Great idea!
  • tgmichelleee
    Options

Girl I feel your pain!!!! I'm a size 42F and I seriously cannot get over the sticker shock of the bras meant for my chest size! Especially when I'm losing a bunch of weight and know in a month I'll need to spend that amount AGAIN for a new one. Eek! I double up sports bras for now, and it seems to do the trick, but I'm also not running anywhere near as long as you so I can't say for sure how much it'd help in your case.

Exactly, it's like $80 now just to get another one next month lol. But double bra, I'll give it a shot :)
  • tgmichelleee
    Options
    Vasoline is a cheaper option for Body Glide, it is just a little messier to put on.
    I do use a powder when not exercising (if I am wearing a dress) but I sweat if off much too quickly for running (not saying you shouldn't, do what works)

That's my problem, I have hyper hidrosis, so when I sweat.... I make it rain
    But people should do what works for them!
    I'm gonna swing by the store to get some body glide, but I'll definitely make sure to get some Vaseline as back up!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Monistat and gold bond both making anti-chafe products, I have used both with success. The monistat was in a tube you applied with your fingers

Monistat as in the yeast infection cream?
    Never heard of using it for that, but then again I wouldn't be surprised. I heard it also works for hair regrowth, go figure lol

I think Monistat makes some sort of chafing product (a gel I think) that's different from the yeast infection cream. I've heard that people use it as a cheap makeup primer, though I've never paid attention to it myself.

I second (third??) the idea that your bra is now too large. My sports bras are too large for me now as well, but that's not a huge deal for me since I just discovered today that I am able to run ~5 miles without a bra at all, though it's not super pleasant. That's a dubious weight loss accomplishment if I ever heard of one! :grumble: But this is reminding me that I should get a new bra that fits, too.
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty small chested my self so I don't really deal with this lol. But my sister always said that investing in a good bra is totally worth it she always uses Body Glide, she very happy with it..
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Ebay is also good (new ones only obviously!). Tend to be end of line/ season ones so if you're an average size there may not be the sellers but if you're a slightly odd size (eg smaller band/ bigger cup) you can pick them up for anything upto half price IME.
  • Estelle_Chi
    Options
    http://www.enell.com/

Hey, I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I skimmed through it and saw that no one suggested this brand or sports bra and decided to offer some support (see what I did there? :wink: ).

Up until last year I did the double bra thing and that can be a hassle at times (extra laundry :grumble: ). It also never seemed to have quite as much hold as I'd like. I tried a lot of other brands but most sports bras have too much elastic/bounce. I randomly found the Enell brand during a search and, seriously, it has changed my life! The bras are a bit pricey but they are worth every cent. You can find them on Amazon for slightly cheaper.