Girls, can you always tell you're being checked out?

Options

Replies

• Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Good to know most of us have mastered that art
    Most of you are too good at that art! I walked straight past a (spectacular, intelligent, charming) guy today who apparently followed me from one end of the street to the other, looking for an opportunity to talk to me. Granted, I was pretty focused on my ice cream cone, but… had no idea he was checking me out.

Lucky he was persistent. :wink:

How do you follow someone for that long and not feel like a kidnapper?
    It was a short, very crowded street, but… good point. Want me to ask him, next time we meet?

If you remember, yes :p
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I never notice. For most of my life I've never been 'check-out' worthy unless it was by guys who liked 'round' shapes. I'm just acquiring a 'fashion sense' too. A few weeks ago when the team at work went out to lunch, one of the guys I work with told me that another guy was checking me out when I was getting some Tea. Then my co-worker tells me that my jeans, flats, and short-sleeve Henley was a bit too edgy for work. Hmm, really? Funny, that's what LL Bean and Land's end dress the 40-ish aged models in. Guess that was a round about way to know he was checking me out too. I've also had a complete stranger tell me I filled out my jeans nicely in the produce section. Now that kind of approach you just can't miss ;)
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't really make eye contact with strangers, so who knows? I asked my fiance just now, he says both men and women approach him to tell him he's a lucky guy or that I'm pretty, but they don't approach me directly. I cover from head to toe (literally - I only show my face and hands, or sometimes just my eyes), so all compliments go through him. :smile:
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I never notice, especially at the gym. My husband always notices and then when we leave he tells me and I'm like....um, you sure it was me?
  • elainek79
    elainek79 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i have never noticed and if i did i would presume they were looking at me because ive prob got peanut butter on my face or like today i was wearing my yoga pants inside out:blushing:
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Years of a poor self image will kill being able to notice or appreciate being checked out.

completely agree
  • Aparz1
    Aparz1 Posts: 949
    Options
    It's 50/50 I think.... Sometimes I notice other times friends point it out and I'm oblivious...
  • EternalDecadence
    EternalDecadence Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Sometimes very obvious and vulgar, others very subtly. Subtle guys get the smile.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    I can remember 4 actual times when I've noticed a guy checking me out. Other than than...it's either not happening or I'm not noticing.
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I can always tell when a girl is being checked out. Heh..
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Years of a poor self image will kill being able to notice or appreciate being checked out.

This :frown:
  • andreacason
    andreacason Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have more than enough self esteem that I could care less about who is or isn't checking me out. LOL. Creepers...
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Now that I've gained all this weight, I still see some men looking at me but I no longer think they're checking me out (checking out a fat girl? c'mon :p ) Sometimes the dudes will smile if I meet their eyes and at that point I like to think maybe they're checking me out. My bf says I'm still smokin' hawt and not near as fat as I think I am, but he's also slightly biased lol.

[Story Time]

A decade or more ago, when construction guys could now be criminally charged and fired for whistling or cat calling at women, I was wearing a super-sexy summer dress with a low cut top and didn't think when I walked under scaffolding holding two men. The one dude whistled, caught himself, and turned it into a Disney song as I walked under. Some reason I thought that was adorable and way better than the traditional wolf whistle he was gonna give. :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am surprised many women here don't notice ... i can notice a guy checking me out miles away ....

I think it depends on your self image.
    Nobody ever checks me out, but if you're pretty (and are aware of it) you probably expect people to and notice it more.

^this. I was just thinking that so many of the ladies in this thread, purely based upon what I can see in profile pictures, are absolutely gorgeous. Guys (and probably some girls) are definitely checking out all of you! :smile:
  • gcastellano83
    gcastellano83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sometimes but only when he mutters a comment (damnn) or does a lil grunt (mmm). I'm not much for eye-contact because of issues with my self-esteem so I don't really notice unless its obvious. Like years ago when I first started college I was waiting for the bus and noticed this guy who kept giving me glances but never saying a word. Anyways I got on the bus and he didn't and in all it took about 25-30 minutes to get home. He was behind the bus the whole time! He must have parked his car and acted as if he was waiting for a bus because and as soon as I got off he started honking! I ignored it and kept walking. When I reached my street he parked once again and started walking up to me. OMG I felt like running and of course when stuff like this happens no one is EVER around! He was talking and finally realized I wasn't interested and left. Scariest moment of my life!!
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    No; my friends always laugh and say I have tunnel vision. Unless something catches my eye I am clueless.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Sometimes but only when he mutters a comment (damnn) or does a lil grunt (mmm). I'm not much for eye-contact because of issues with my self-esteem so I don't really notice unless its obvious. Like years ago when I first started college I was waiting for the bus and noticed this guy who kept giving me glances but never saying a word. Anyways I got on the bus and he didn't and in all it took about 25-30 minutes to get home. He was behind the bus the whole time! He must have parked his car and acted as if he was waiting for a bus because and as soon as I got off he started honking! I ignored it and kept walking. When I reached my street he parked once again and started walking up to me. OMG I felt like running and of course when stuff like this happens no one is EVER around! He was talking and finally realized I wasn't interested and left. Scariest moment of my life!!

To have some level of self esteem issue is to be human. I'd rather that than think I was king ****all of the world. At least you can relate to people, and incidentally, you're plenty gawkable. =o]
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can tell most of the time. Some guys are really sneaky about it, but most aren't!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    lol