any stay at home moms that DONT go to the gym out there?

Options
topp35
topp35 Posts: 50 Member
Looking for some exercise tips from sahm's that dont have a gym membership. What kind of exercises do you do to keep from getting bored? Are they working? All I have been doing is walking and all tho its working I would like to throw some other workouts in there to keep things different ya know. Any tips would be great...thanks

Replies

• Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Tons of free stuff on Youtube and FitnessBlender. :) I stay at home, but over the years have collected enough stuff to have a home gym. So, I have a free weight set now! WOOT! I do mostly that and walking or biking. You could easily do the free vids (stuff like Zumba, Pilates, etc.) and even stairs and jump rope. Good luck!
  • amandalmobley
    amandalmobley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use workout DVDS - Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds, Billy Blanks teo bo, Jillian Michaels, and Valerie Bertinelli losing it and keeping fit (my favorite). I do them when the little one is taking a nap.
    Or take a walk/jog around the neighborhood while daddy is at home with the kids.
    Also playing outside with the kids is a great way to get moving - throw or kick a ball around the yard.
    A game of volleyball sometimes with church friends.
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda a stay at home mom, but I'm a full time college student too. Right now I'm doing the 30 day shred, which is a great workout! I also do a lot of walking, and later today I'm going to take the kids over to a school track around the corner so they can play in the center of the track with their friends, and the moms can jog! If you get creative, you will be able to find non gym activities! Ps. YouTube has tons of good workout videos
  • Bigfeet22
    Bigfeet22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 homeschooled children. I use variety of videos to keep me going. Example: Power 90 and TaeBo. Also, the youtube has loads of great exercising clips. I even prescribed to two subscriptions (Sugarpop and TiffanyRotheWorkouts). I will buy discounted videos because I don't want to spend a lot on workout systems. But power90 is the only system I ordered recently just to get meal ideas. I hoped that helped.
  • topp35
    Options
    Thanks guys I will check YouTube out:) If any of u need some support at any time feel free to add me im always around:) have a great day!
  • socialdchic
    socialdchic Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of these video's http://hasfit.com/workouts/home/. My son even does some with me lol
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    im not a mum but i do work out at home, so..

how about something like this: step aerobics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcy8DJLGxUw

the great thing about it is that its fun and easy to do, yet gives you a very good workout. and you can do it anytime you are left with (at least) 30mins to spare.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I second YouTube... Love fitness blender channel on there... I also get DVDs from the library to switch up the workouts :)
  • apeacefulway
    Options
    I run outside and also do workout vids on YouTube. Honestly, I hate gyms and avoid them like the plague.
  • TeeEff
    TeeEff Posts: 2
    Options
    I play Dance Central 3 on Xbox kinect.....I burn between 1,000 - 1500 calories a day ( I play it for 1 - 2 hours). Its fun and the time goes by fast. I dont get bored bc there are so many dances to learn, and also new dances can be downloaded to the game.
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am a sahm too, working out at home with TurboFire, Brazil Butt Lift, T25 and also fitnessblender.com ... I use dumb bells and resistance bands ... lost 25lbs and many inches so far ... Plus, our 5 year old joins me for a "work out" sometimes, too funny but he is an active one anyways
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender- especially the HIIT, tabata, and bootcamp workouts. I also built my own sandbag- it was super easy to do. Instead of just walking, throw in some running. I can only run a minute to a minute and a half at a time, but its really encouraging to know that I can do some. Lastly, dancing. No matter what your style there is a you tube video for you. For that matter, you can put on your fav music (pandora is awesome) and just get groovin- it doesn't matter what you look like, just that you are having fun and burning some calories! Good luck!
  • topp35
    Options
    Thanks I nvr thought about checking videos out at the library thats a great idea!!!
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a homeschooling, stay at home mom of 3 (8, 4, and 2). I have never been to the gym a day in my life. I do a mixture of treadmill interval running/inclines, a variety of Jillian Michaels DVDs, walking and running outside, and Barre3. I only own a few pairs of dumb bells from size 3 pounds up to 15 pounds and a ball for the Barre3. You can certainly do it all from home and as long as you mix it up a lot, you won't get bored. :)
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM of 5 kids. You can do it. Purchase a few lower weight hand weights (2,3 or 5 lbs) and watch videos on youtube. Anything Jillian Micheals, Leslie Sansone (walk away the pounds), biggest loser, check out fitsugar on youtube. Good FREE stuff. Awesome stuff.
  • Rachel_Virginia_
    Rachel_Virginia_ Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i use the sworkit app, but definitely going to check out all those website/videos :)
  • topp35
    Options
    I was looking at the biggest loser videos online and they looked pretty good...something I would be interested in. I dont have any weights or any exercise equipment at this moment:( my father in law is supposed to be bringing over his old exercise bike so I will atleast have that!
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Love the biggest loser workouts... I rented X-train DVD.. Awesome!
  • QueenGolden1
    QueenGolden1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, two kids (10 boy/and eight daughter) my daughter has a rare chromosome syndrome, and she often gets sick and had to come home from school due to also having low immunity, my husband is a chimerical fisherman and his schedule is n never predictable,I have an elliptical just got it hoping to help with cardio, I have my own workout that have made myself, but mybiggest problem is staying motivated with the unpredictable schedule I get on a roll then something happens and oh I'll started back tomorrow then a months goes by I feel so bad, how can I stay motivated any help or advice is appreciated :-)
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Not a SAHM, but when I was on maternity leave I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. The videos are on YouTube!