Feeling guilty

Options
So today I had a day out with my mother and we went to this market that sold lots of pastries and other food. I had this cinnamon twist pastry (estimated at 220cal), this Asian salad (estimated at 290cal but I didn't use the dressing), a tiny piece of my mom's carrot cheesecake, 2 samples of small cake/bread, this dip, a Timbit and this jam. I feel... SO guilty. :( I estimated it all together at about 700cal but I don't know if I'm under or overestimating. I'm hesitant to eat dinner because of it! I walked a bunch afterwards and right now I'm going to do a Walk at Home, probably a 4 mile.

Do you guys think I'm underestimating? Should I eat dinner? I feel so bad, uuuurgh.

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    it could have been 5,000 calories and you would have nothing to feel guilty about. indulge every once and a while! it's ok! it's a part of living. don't waste your time feeling guilty. enjoy the food for what it was, do a little extra work out tonight and have dinner like any other normal day!

you have NOTHING to feel guilty or badly about.
  • OodKerry
    OodKerry Posts: 3
    Options
    it could have been 5,000 calories and you would have nothing to feel guilty about. indulge every once and a while! it's ok! it's a part of living. don't waste your time feeling guilty. enjoy the food for what it was, do a little extra work out tonight and have dinner like any other normal day!

Quoting for truth!
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. There is nothing you can do abut it now and it isn't a big deal. Just get back on the horse and try to make it a good week overall.
  • kbvconsult
    kbvconsult Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We all have those kind of days! Don't feel too bad. The important thing is to be honest in recording it in your journal. Think about what you may have learned about yourself today, rather than feel guilty. I have come to certain conclusions after having days where I can't stop eating carbs. Carbs are like crack to me. I can't have cookies, crackers, or any sweets around, because my willpower is so low. Next time you go out with your mom like that, eat before you go. Seeing all that stuff on a full stomach could be a completely different experience for you. Wishing you the best....
  • angelicprettyy
    Options

Thank you all.:flowerforyou: I still feel kinda guilty but I just did a Walk at Home so I feel slightly better!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to have days like that - that is life. Eating more than usual every once in a while is part of normalized eating. Enjoy it and get back to your regular eating habits the following day. And just eat a light dinner if you have more during lunch. Don't punish yourself by denying yourself food because you had some treats with your mom!
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    never feel guilty about eating food.. that can lead to a eating disorder.. seriously. life is short so enjoy the little pleasures in life... I would eat dinner if I were you... and if you feel guilty work out... burn calories... you can eat basically anything you want if you burn the calories you take in... I would hate to live my life restricting my eating habits... but I guess to each their own... you are fine girl that doesn't even sound like a lot ... sometimes I go to chipotle and eat 1000 calories in one serving lol.. your fine.. :)
  • TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to have days like that - that is life. Eating more than usual every once in a while is part of normalized eating. Enjoy it and get back to your regular eating habits the following day. And just eat a light dinner if you have more during lunch. Don't punish yourself by denying yourself food because you had some treats with your mom!

Agreed - DONT punish yourself.