Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Suggestions for weight lifting log app please

2»

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    I liked fitocracy when I used it
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Give Jefit a try. Works well for my needs.

Yup
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Jefit
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I have been underwhelmed by Jefit so was interested to hear about an alternative but I can't find gymprovise in the App Store. Is it only on Android?

You realize that guy is the creator of gymprowhatever and that he's only here to promote that trash, right?

I mean, I guess he would be the person to ask about availability, but his "review" is somewhat less than objective
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Tagging for later
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    I just keep track of all that stuff on the MFP app and I have an app from Bodybuilding.com if I need to look up any exercises.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    I use an app (on my android) called StrengthCalc Natty. I put my stats in and choose one of the many programs it has (I'm doing 5/3/1, but it has All Pro, Starting Strength, Stronglifts, and tons others) and it tells me how much to lift and how many sets. You can also log what you've lifted.

ETA: for what it's worth, I've always found Jefit to be really confusing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,857 Member
    I just use MFP. It let's you create any new exercises as needed.
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    bump
  • DavPul
    I just use MFP. It let's you create any new exercises as needed.

that's really the slowest, most inefficient way to do it. i love mfp as a cal counting app but the exercise tracking feature was just thrown in as an afterthought and never improved. you should give one of the lifting apps a try. main difference is that you can store your routine, easily track your progression and output your results to spreadsheets, graphs and the like.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    I have been underwhelmed by Jefit so was interested to hear about an alternative but I can't find gymprovise in the App Store. Is it only on Android?

You realize that guy is the creator of gymprowhatever and that he's only here to promote that trash, right?

I mean, I guess he would be the person to ask about availability, but his "review" is somewhat less than objective

In fact he is not the only one to mention it and, no, I did not realise he was the creator of it. How exactly was I supposed to work that out given that I could not find the app? Are you the creator of Jefit to be so vigorously defending (and in a tone to run me down as well)? I do appreciate intelligent, informed advice but this attack to my polite and innocent question was uncalled for. Something constructive would have been of much greater value.
  • DavPul

In fact he is not the only one to mention it and, no, I did not realise he was the creator of it. How exactly was I supposed to work that out given that I could not find the app? Are you the creator of Jefit to be so vigorously defending (and in a tone to run me down as well)? I do appreciate intelligent, informed advice but this attack to my polite and innocent question was uncalled for. Something constructive would have been of much greater value.

wow. you are a sensitive snowflake, aren't you? care to point out the sentence (or word, or punctuation) that i used that made your "polite and innocent question" feel "attacked"?

you may want to cycle down the personal feelings of persecution if you're going to use the internet much. hope that was constructive enough for you.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member

wow. you are a sensitive snowflake, aren't you? care to point out the sentence (or word, or punctuation) that i used that made your "polite and innocent question" feel "attacked"?

you may want to cycle down the personal feelings of persecution if you're going to use the internet much. hope that was constructive enough for you.

Quite - but still nothing about the apps which was the point of the post. And generally speaking I don't use the Internet forums much because people are not nice to each other. It would be nice if MFP wee different. Apparently MFP has not changed much since I quit posting in the forums two years ago...
  • I have been underwhelmed by Jefit so was interested to hear about an alternative but I can't find gymprovise in the App Store. Is it only on Android?

I'm afraid you're just plain wrong. I'm not one of the creator(s).

I have a Galaxy II, and have used many lifting apps, including JEFit and Gymprovise. I find Gymprovise to be the best Gym app I have used, and have stuck with it. I'm just someone who has a lot of lifting experience and wanted to share my opinion.

JEFIT has some issues. Apart from those I mentioned, the main problem I found with it is that it just wasn't flexible enough to accommodate my Workouts, which don't always go exactly to plan. There were other gripes I had too. If I input a set wrong - I can't correct the error right there. I have to go out of my workout, into the calendar then edit - which is nonsensical and time-consuming. The rest timer doesn't work consistently upon navigating away from the exercise screen. That's a real pain in the *kitten* when I've got the timer on when resting and want to change the music I'm listening to, or send an SMS. The logs are organised by Week/Exercise, rather than by Workout. And the charts are difficult to read. And it just plain looks ugly IMO.

Using Gymprovise I have found the app to better suit my needs. Sometimes I'll add an extra set to my current exercise or do a drop set. Sometimes one of the exercises I use at the Gym is taken, and I want to quickly do a different or alternative exercise on-the-fly, without altering my set plan/routine. Sometime's I'll feel really good and chuck in some extra Cardio after my weights. With the app I can do all of these things easily.

I found the quality of my Workouts decreased with JEFIT it because I was spending too much time on the app during the workout and not enough time lifting.

If you think my review is "less than objective" - well, you're entitled to your opinion - as I am to mine. But at present, you can't construct any semblance of an argument or evidence to back your opinion.

People can see the store reviews and decide for themselves.

And rat70 - I don't think it is available for iPhone AFAIK.
  • venturap
    venturap Posts: 1
    Gymprovise is the best app for the gym
    You track everything fast
    With a minimalist ui