Alcoholic Drinks

Options
Hey guys, was just wondering what type of drinks you order when you go out? I'm not a big drinker, but I do enjoy one with a meal or at a show. For instance, had two margaritas with dinner tonight, and after logging them found out that there was at least 300 calories per drink. What is your alternative drink of choice?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've seen people order hard liquor with club soda on here. I personally hate club soda, so I work in whatever I want as best as I can with my macros. I did try Applebee's skinny margarita, and it wasn't too bad. But usually my go to is a dirty martini, a Midori sour, or beer. I'm partial to Yuengling right now, and they do carry a light lager in some bars/pubs/restaurants.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I drink champagne/prosecco/cava (about 100 calories for 5oz), red wine (similar calories), or scotch (straight up with a water back, although I normally only add a few drops....60 calories per ounce.) if I want to get drunk or I'm drinking at a nightclub, I just drink vodka soda, also like 60 calories for a single.

I only get cocktails or beer once in a great while, because the calories are quite a bit higher.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I have beer or vodka. I don't drink alternatives.
  • nolabone
    nolabone Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Perhaps light beer is the way to go, although I personally love a dark, heavy beer.
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Vodka because it buns fat and helps me to build muscle. Also like scotch and wine
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Dirty martini....always...or beer....or both......
  • nolabone
    Options
    Dirty martini....always...or beer....or both......

Haha! Both on a "good" night.
  • nolabone
    Options
    Vodka because it buns fat and helps me to build muscle. Also like scotch and wine

Vodka burns fat?
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Yes, Vodka is the probably the best thing to drink to reduce body fat
  • Predat0r1502
    Predat0r1502 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Really??

Vodka reduces body fat?

And here I am working out and ****.
  • trochelwoman
    trochelwoman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink wine, scotch or whiskey. And only on a Friday and/or Saturday night. I used to drink every night. Like an entire bottle of wine and a beer. I had to cut that out. It was killin me! Tonight is Saturday!!! I have a bottle of pinot grigio in the fridge. Then no more til next weekend. Sigh......
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Even dark beers can have limited calories, if you're really being that restrictive. For example, a pint of Guiness (not my preference) is only ~165 calories, ~200 in Lagunitas IPA, or ~160 in Fuller's London Pride. Not too bad for one or two beers if the intent is to go out and have a few. If you want to be poncy, then you can go Beck's Light or something similar. Either way, it's good to treat yourself every so often as opposed to go cold turkey. That bit's silly.
  • pettychia
    pettychia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I drink straight whisky, vodka + club soda, red wine, and light beer. No caloric mixers (juice, soda)!

ETA: I had a friend who did a comprehensive survey of the calorie counts in various drinks and she determined that vodka + club soda has the fewest cals. Be sure it's club soda and not tonic water -- tonic has sugar in it.
  • nolabone
    Options
    Even dark beers can have limited calories, if you're really being that restrictive. For example, a pint of Guiness (not my preference) is only ~165 calories, ~200 in Lagunitas IPA, or ~160 in Fuller's London Pride. Not too bad for one or two beers if the intent is to go out and have a few. If you want to be poncy, then you can go Beck's Light or something similar. Either way, it's good to treat yourself every so often as opposed to go cold turkey. That bit's silly.

I don't think I'd ever go cold turkey with anything unless extremely detrimental to my health. Just trying to "have my cake, and eat it too."
  • nolabone
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Source?
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I drink wine because I like wine. I factor it in to my day by burning calories with exercise.

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Huh?? Ummm, not sure what's going on here
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options

Vodka burns fat?

Huh?? Ummm, not sure what's going on here

Aye, I'd like some science on this one!
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic with lime. But I do love me some wine!! And beer... and margaritas...
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i dont drink often, but when i do i dont count calories. i drink what i like and get back on track the next day. if i were to worry about calories when i drink though i would go with a vodka tonic or something along that line. last i checked belvedere vodka was the lowest in calories, and tasty