Hi....I am new.

Options
My name is Eileen and before I had kids I was 135 and a size 4. 2 kids later and I am 180 and still look like i am 4 months pregnant. I have a major problem with late night snacking and I do not exercise at all. I am going to try slimfast and start working out whenever I can. I am a first grade teacher and leave the house at 6:15 am and then get home to my 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I know these are all excuses and I have been using them for way to long now. I HAVE to make a change! I saw a picture of me with my son today and could not believe how big I looked. I put the picture in the middle of the mirror for motivation.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Replies

• vanginmi
    vanginmi Posts: 41
    Options
    Your weight story is very similar to mine. I think I was 135 for 10 years. The good old days - pre kids. But I have a goal. Started 6 days ago. I find friends help keep me accountable. Adding you!
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My name is Eileen and before I had kids I was 135 and a size 4. 2 kids later and I am 180 and still look like i am 4 months pregnant. I have a major problem with late night snacking and I do not exercise at all. I am going to try slimfast and start working out whenever I can. I am a first grade teacher and leave the house at 6:15 am and then get home to my 3 yr old and 1 yr old. I know these are all excuses and I have been using them for way to long now. I HAVE to make a change! I saw a picture of me with my son today and could not believe how big I looked. I put the picture in the middle of the mirror for motivation.

I am looking forward to meeting all of you!
    Welcome, forget the slimfast gimmicks. You have to change your way of eating. Period. Sure you will lose some weight, but you won't keep it off dieting that way. And the diet word is just that, your "diet" need to become a permanent way of life. Choosing better foods. That will give you long lasting results. Def some type of exercise is necessary.

Everyone loves junk food, it's yummy. But it's terrible for you. I still love junk food, I just don't eat it anymore. I finally made it to a place where I can make better choices for foods and achieve what I want. it is hard, but so worth it. I still have about 60 more pounds I want to lose, but I'm off to a great start. You can do it too, you just need determination. If you can get support at home that is always a big help.
  • brightnewday
    brightnewday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Emily, 29 years old, no kids and I'm about 40 lbs over weight.. I started at 335, got down to 155 and over the last 2 years gained 40 lbs. So.. I'm trying to come back from a relapse. I'm here for support and motivation. I need it too! :)
  • stellablue12177
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies :) I will do slim fast for 2 weeks and hopefully lose some weight to get the motivation to stick with a healthy lifestyle. I am no longer snacking at night...so hopefully that will help!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Your right excuses.