Hey Everyone !!!!! Open to New Friends

Options
Hello everyone,

My name is Chelsea I am 18 and almost 19. I weigh 237 pounds and i stand at 5`5. I do suffer from medical issues i am insulin resistant and suffer from PCOS. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 17-18 ( my birthday was near by i don`t remember if it was before or after) nevertheless i deal with two medical issues that have made losing weight sometimes impossible. I am on medication I take Metformin but i will admit i am inconsistent in taking my medication so even if I try to get the ball rolling i never see results, I am a college freshman i am majoring in Nursing. My biggest fear is that i will not be able to be the best nurse i can be if i continue to go down this road i am traveling. However, today is marking a new beginning in my life I`m actually taking responsibility for my faults and not totally being angry at my health conditions. My dream is to become a nurse at a healthy size and happy in my skin.

Replies

• brightnewday
    brightnewday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea! I'm Emily. I am looking for some friends and support on here as well, so I'm going to add you! I'm not a nurse, but I do work in healthcare. I can understand what you are going through with your health. At my heaviest, I was 335. I got down to 155 and have since gained 40 lbs of it back. I'm trying to come back from a relapse. We can support each other! You can do this girl! :)
  • chelseaduncan620
    Options
    Hey Emily!!!!! i added you and thank you i will be supportive in you efforts as well!! It`s a process but we will be successful
  • Demerygirl61
    Demerygirl61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea, I am Michelle and I am looking for friends too. I need all of the support I can get to be successful in my weight loss journey. This is day 12 for me monitoring my food intake. I added the map my walks app to my iphone and my 17 year old son has committed to begin walking for 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a week with me. I need to lose over 100 lbs and finally believe that I can do it. I recently reached out within the weight loss community of MFP for support as well. Together we can be successful. My first career choice was to become a R.N so I completed the necessary classes and begin in the RN program in 1983. While in the program I completed the pediatrics and ob/gyn components. I was in the med/surg. class when I began dating and loss my focus. I did pass the semester and dropped out of school afterwards. Later, I married my the guy I was dated, had several kids and finally decided to go back to school 12 years later. Well in 1995, there was a waiting list for the nursing program so I decided to become a special education teacher. I had taken numerous science classes required by the nursing program which I used as electives in the education program. In 1997 I received my B.S. degree in Education and began teaching within the county that I live in. Being in the nursing program positively impacted my life, even for a short period of time. I still use some of the medical short hand when I take notes. Teachers and nurses are similar in that we care deeply about others; the only difference is the focus. That being said I would love for us to be friends and support one another in this journey.

Michelle
  • chelseaduncan620
    Options
    Hey Michelle!! Yes we certainly can be friends ! I need all the support in the world to achieve these goals I`m trying to reach. I`m currently still taking required classes in order to pursue my degree in Nursing. I am loving every bit of it I think I`ve learned more than I did even in my High School years. I know this journey is going to take time and appreciate you wanting to be supportive of me! I hope we stay in touch and i will be sure to support you as well. :)

Chelsea Danielle
  • Allisonfitness99
    Allisonfitness99 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm allison, im looking for new friends also!! I don't know many people who need to lose weight so it's kinda hard to talk to people who don't really understand!
    I'm 22 and I still have 110 pounds to go! I started my weight loss journey a year and half ago! And lost 55 pounds so far! we can motivate each other! :)
  • chelseaduncan620
    Options
    Hey Allison i deal with the same issues and congrats on losing 55 pounds WOW !!! thats great i hope to one day say i have lost that much weight and I`m totally supporting you !!!