Advice for purchasing a pedometer, please

Options
Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
I need to purchase a new pedometer and would like your input please!
I would like one that will sync to my phone and also to My Fitness Pal.
I need to carry it in my pocket.
I would like to have steps, distance, calories and history available

i am open to everyone's advice as I think it is better to visit with someone who has actually used one.
I thank you for your help!
Have a great Saturday!!

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you could get a fitbit that clips on - fitbit syncs with MFP - I don't have one personally but a lot of people use them and seem happy with the features provided.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex that you wear as a bracelet but like the other poster said you can buy the clip on one. I love mine !
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I JUST got my fitbit zip on Friday (Amazon - $50) and just love it. I'm not syncing with MFP (yet?) but am learning a lot from the fitbit itself and their 'dashboard" website plus it does sync with my Galaxy note as well.

It's handy - clip it in your bra, on your pocket, or IN your pocket and it give you number of steps, distance, and calories burned (including the ones you burn just by breathing).
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Go with the fitbit.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer app on my smartphone. When running, it counts my steps over time and calculates mph. It was FREE. Then, you just enter in the exercise (X number of minutes at Y mph) on MFP.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I. Love my Fitbit zip and they also have great customer service.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex here. Also had fitbit One. Cannot beat their customer service. They have replaced several units for me, with minimal fuss.
  • Jeccup
    Jeccup Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One is great! You can clip it to your bra and hide it from the world. It's app also syncs with MyFitness pal to get all you can out of your info.
  • bethanytapp
    bethanytapp Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a fitbit for my mom...but I have been happy with the 'footsteps' app on my iphone. I've been using it for 10 months now. It doesn't sync to MFP, but I figure I always have my phone with me anyway and not all steps are exercise, so I have to do some thinking/ logging anyway. And, its cheap
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do searches for the following as well
    STRIIV- play/ smart pedometer- if you like games
    nike Fuelband SE/Jawbone Up 24- both second generation
    Polar loop/ Garmin vivofit - both link to their HRM
    B1/ Bodymedia a Fit/ Amiigo - all have other sensors too
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Another Fitbit fan here ... I've had mine for four years now and still love the feedback. I did a blog post about what you can expect if you get a Fitbit ... http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html We are a Fitbit family, with my two oldest boys, my parents, several brothers and their wives.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    I have ordered a fitbit!! Thank you everyone for your input I really appreciated your help
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and Force. Like the Force much more .. but you cannot buy them anymore due to the recall.

The Fitbit one and Flex are popular. Myself .. I would go with a One .. given a choice.

Take care .. and happy stepping.