Went over my calories by 1300 help

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
Hello I went out today and went over my calories by 1300 or so I had to guesstimate food I was out by roughly 1300
Should I eat reduce my calorie each day by 200 till next week so the deficit is evened. I'm cutting at the moment not had a cheat day in ages lol.

Replies

• onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No.

Move on and keep eating healthfully.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had a few days like that last month when my brother was in town, I just started each day the next fresh. Its only a few days and if your change is truly going to be for a lifetime then a few days is a drop in the ocean.:flowerforyou:
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My birthday was friday, and my total calories were about 4300. More than double my number.
    I had fun.
    Needless to say you and I need to just get back to work and forget about it.
    ;)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    No.

Move on and keep eating healthfully.

This
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it and move on.
  • engian
    engian Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Don't sweat it. It can (and does) happen to many (all?!) of us. Refocus on your calorie and macro targets and move on. And hopefully you had a grand day on the splurge.

Cheers,

Elia
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yep live and learn. 1 off day a week isn't so bad.
  • lorim200
    lorim200 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This happens to everyone. Just continue on and have a great day.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would just move on and forget about it. It's a problem if something like this is happening everyday, but in your case, it seems just like a cheat day. And 1300 calories over your estimated amount for a deficit usually ends up not being much in the long run.
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just start again...I am going on vacation and know I will gain some weight as I will be off my diet for 6 days. I was worried about it at first but not anymore thanks to all the people on MFP we are all entitled to enjoy ourselves once in a while as long as I get right back on track when I get home and that is exactly what I am going to do.