I ate junk, but stayed under my calorie goal. Will I gain?

Options
So for breakfast I had a small bowl of Honey bunches of oats, and then a half of a donut. Then I walked a mile to a snowball stand and got a kiddie snowball with peanut butter. After this, I walked to the grocery store and ate a couple of Oreos (4 or 5). Then I walked home (2 miles), and had some broccoli and corn for lunch. Then I went on a half an hour bike ride, then went home and had a clementine. Next, I ran up to the store with my sister, and then back to the snowball stand(it was a nice day) and had a small snowball and then jogged around a mile back home. After this I went on a run to my friends house, and had two cookies. I walked home and then my day was over. I ate SO much junk. Am I going to gain weight?!

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    No.
  • midwestspitfire
    midwestspitfire Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    /thread
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    It really depends on a long term pattern, not what you did in one day.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Probably not...but nothing there was very nutritious, and there's always a downside to that.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You might be deficient on nutrients that you need (vitamins, etc.), protein, etc. But, no. As long as you eat less than you burn, you won't gain weight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    well...you had broccoli so obviously you will lose at least 5 lbs...'cuz that's the way it works yo...
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was eating a donut every morning for breakfast for a few weeks while still maintaining my deficit. I lost weight.
    You'll be fine.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    well...you had broccoli so obviously you will lose at least 5 lbs...'cuz that's the way it works yo...

lmao yo
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    If your sure you ate at a deficit, you'll lose weight. The best way to be sure is to weigh and measure everything you eat.
  • fificrazy
    fificrazy Posts: 234
    Options
    Haha all of my meals include junkfood like this (besides dinner... but then I have dessert...), and I only do about 1 type of activity a day. I've a 18.something BMI and don't gain. Your body doesn't care where it gets its energy from.