SO PROUD!

Options
So my gf has been losing weight and gave me her size 6 pants. The scale has been a steady 147. 146, 147, 146 pattern for days now, but when I put on the pants they are BIG, like I need a belt and they still look funny on me.

You know the scale can totally get you down when it doesn't move....and frustrations can be high and it has even caused the thought "Why am I doing this?" but then I put on pants like this and I see the progress and I AM SUPER HAPPY!

Thanks everyone for your continued support! I would not have come this far w/o you :)

Replies

• legend1973
    Options
    That is awesome, very happy for you!!! Be proud, you earned it!!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    God, I don't know if I'll EVER be a 5 or a 6 again! Lucky you! Great job!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!

Charmagne
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!

P.S. How was the party? Better yet, how did you feel in "The Dress?" :bigsmile:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Way to go, great job.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud!!!!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So my gf has been losing weight and gave me her size 6 pants. The scale has been a steady 147. 146, 147, 146 pattern for days now, but when I put on the pants they are BIG, like I need a belt and they still look funny on me.

You know the scale can totally get you down when it doesn't move....and frustrations can be high and it has even caused the thought "Why am I doing this?" but then I put on pants like this and I see the progress and I AM SUPER HAPPY!

Thanks everyone for your continued support! I would not have come this far w/o you :)

That is awesome!!!! Congrats to you and keep up the great work!!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Great job!! You should be proud :)
  • JCfabulous
    JCfabulous Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The statement "If you follow the scale, you will fail" is something I had to learn over time. It appears that you have learned this lesson as well. A scale is NOT always the best predictor of fat loss, only weight loss. This is why I always use a string to measure the largest part of my waist (starting point) and track my progress by measuring my waist every morning and watch as my waist shrinks down in size. This allows me to see how many inches I have lost around my waist, rather than only viewing the scale which can fluctuate for many different reasons.

I have lost up to 2 inches off my waist without my scale even budging! I will post an example of this when I can find the pic. The changes are dramatic and most people would not believe that my scale weight had not gone down a single pound!

Anyway, keep up the good work!!!
  • matina29
    matina29 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love the idea of not relying on the scale. Although I have a long way to go, my clothes tell me I am on the right path!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks everyone! I feel fantastic!
  • americansugar80
    Options
    146 and 47 and a size 6?? wow!! i am 140 and i'm still in a size 11-12, what the heck?

well anyway, i know our bodies get stuck on a number and sometimes it doesnt budge but there's also more then that going on with your body then just the numbers. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!