Will losing weight help me become less wide

Options
I've been working out daily. I do ab work every morning and every night before I go to sleep, I am already seeing results in my stomach. But my lower body is still wide. Like, my butt is pretty much flat and wide. I would like to make it way less wide and more round. I know that it's impossible to spot reduce so I'll have to keep doing cardio to burn fat off every.

Will doing squats make it more wide? Here is my current workout schedule.

2-3 miles of cardio outside
then it's either leg day or arm/chest day
and then I alternate my weight training. but I do cardio everyday.

Replies

• tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    If you are doing weight lifting you will get more tone. General working out with weights will not add that much in bulk. If you build muscle your cardio workout will burn more calories and you will also burn more calories going throughout your day.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If you are wide due to the span of your hip bones, losing fat nor muscle will reduce that width.

But if that is the case (which is a pretty sweet predicament to be in), doing squats and other lifts that work similar areas can result in building muscle. Including your bum muscles, helping it look more round than flat, even if you don't become less wide.
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Well... my flat bum got a lot rounder from running! I also lost most of my muffin top too. My quads have gotten bigger, and my calves have gotten rounder... if you look at them on the proper angle, you can actually see they're CUT... :noway:

I've noticed slimming in my legs so far from the running, but that's where I carry most of my weight... hips & thighs. When I was 15lbs lighter than I am now I still carried my weight there. But I always had a flat bum then too. Back then, I was less "wide"... yeah. It comes with losing inches. I've lost a bunch already... something like 15"? And I'm down from a Canadian size 13 to a 9. My jeans have gone from a 33" waist to a 29" waist... low rise. I know how you feel though... if I could slim down my thighs, I could wear skinny jeans!! But I look weird in them right now, so I don't.

(I know, my stats show only 1lb, but I reset them. I'm actually down from 175lbs to about 158lbs)

Hang in there... it'll happen!
  • goodaimes
    Options
    Thank you guys! All of your answers were helpful. I was not always this wide on my back side so I seriously think with the proper eating and working out, I'll get the results that I want.