Help me!

I've been exercising at the gym 4 times a week for the past month or so now properly. Before that I was going around 2-3 times but now I force myself to go at least 4.
My diet is generally okay. I try to stick to my calorie goal during the week and i dont tend to think about dieting at the weekend, but it's never over the top when i treat myself.

Anyway the problem is i feel huge, I havent lost a single pound and my clothes are getting too small for me. To make sure it wasnt my tumble dryer making things small I tried clothes on in some shops and i've gone up a dress size recently. My boyfriend and I went to the beach yesterday and he took a few photos which i was in and I just looked bigger than usual.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong or if i should see a doctor or something but it's kinda upsetting when i've been putting so much time and effort into all this.

Any advice is appreciated!

Replies

• wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? This is the only way to be accurate. No matter what you do for exercise, if aren't eating at a deficit, you will not lose, and you could be gaining.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    If you go to the gym, why not do some personal training sessions. They can really help you with your exercise program.
    I would suggest logging everything you eat, to see if your calories are indeed in check.
    For effective weight loss I would consider it to be 80% diet 20% exercise.
    No amount of exercise will fix a bad diet.
    Hope this helps.
    Strength training will help increase metabolism.
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    My diet is generally okay. I try to stick to my calorie goal during the week and i dont tend to think about dieting at the weekend, but it's never over the top when i treat myself.

You may be eating more than you think..
    If I dont track what I do properly on the weekends I undo my whole weeks work.

Have a look at this thread for accurate tracking
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Losing and/or gaining weight is so much more about what you eat and not how much exercise you do. It seems clear that you're eating more than you're burning, so are putting on weight. Maybe the gym visits are making you hungrier, or maybe they're giving you a false sense of "I can eat what I want because I've been to the gym". You need to log what you're eating!
  • Cptnikkimarvellous
    Cptnikkimarvellous Posts: 23 Member
    I was in the same predicament last week. My food was good despite one day which was mothers day in the UK. My exercise was good. But I did slightly change my routine, which made me think that maybe its muscle gain rather than losing fat. I did a gym and fitness class both focusing on toning rather than burning fat. So could it be a possibility that you could be gaining muscle weight. Just a thought also are you drinking enough fluids?

Try not to be too dishearten Hun, I'm sure it will all rectify it self. Just look back on your food and exercise log and take it from there.

Good luck
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    You 'force' yourself to go to the gym....are you working hard enough? I would log and track everything you do all foods and drinks and get a HRM or similar device that works out what your burn is - great motivator?

Also hate to say it but could you be pregnant???