cutting the lawn

Options
2»

Replies

• Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Wifey does inside...I do the outside with a 54-inch articulating deck, 26 hp lawn tractor
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do the yard work. I love to be outside. I'd rather do that than clean or do the dishes!!
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do the yard work. I love to be outside. I'd rather do that than clean or do the dishes!!

Amen, sister ;)
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I cut the lawn but leave a landing strip.

Oh..wait...I don't think we're talking about the same thing here...
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to euphuisms around here that I am actually surprised when a thread is actually about what the title indicates

Ummm...yeah. My mind was all prepared for something else! Bummer...
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Love yard work!! Filling up my flower beds with dirt tomorrow! And raking up leaves!
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    Back when I lived in Arizona, I always cut our lawn. Even when it was 115 degrees out. Never bothered me, especially since I had a pool to jump in after. When we moved to Florida we didn't take our mower and now have landscapers. I must say, I kinda miss it! (PS I would never let the hubby do it, I am too OCD and he would always miss spots LOL)

I lived in New York Long Island and I really didn't cut the lawn. But I also live in Florida now and I love it. We spent most of our day cutting the lawn and hubby weed wacking. I always told my husband can you teach me how to weed wack? I can't get enough cause there are always spots that are missed and not done that bother me. Where do you live at in Florida?
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It is my favorite chore! It is about an 8 hour bi weekly job being i live on about 12ish plus mowed acres. I get to ride on a big international tractor, get a great tan, have a couple of drinks, and relax to the drone of a motor :)

Thinking about it, it may be one of my favorite parts of summer.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My wife does all the yard work when it comes to grass and plants and stuff. She loves it, which is good, because I hate doing it. We both hate shoveling snow, but only I get stuck with that. :sad: I does make a nice extra workout (or in lieu of) though.
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    For the innuendo, I have to mow the lawn but I don't mind and I don't log it as calories, even though it requires some gymnastics moves to get all the spots.

For the real lawn, I share the mowing with my husband. We mow 3.5 acres on a Craftsman rider with a 48" cutting deck. I have logged it in the past as half the calories offered for the 2.5-3 hr mowing session, but that's because I was getting on and off all the time to clear tree limbs, toys, and farm equipment out of my way. I enjoy it. I put on my earbuds, grab a jug of water, and putt along on the mower. I get a great tan and scare the ol farmers that like to tool along the back roads at 20mph, cause I'm rocking a sports bra and shorts and not much else!
  • Addictedtodamon
    Options
    I love the walking while cutting. it is good on my legs. hopefully next is to plant some flowers down.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    :noway: I do not mow the lawn. Ever. Not only do I hate it, but there isn't enough antihistamine in the world to protect me from a major attack of allergies when I'm near cut grass. Now give me a load of rocks or dirt to shovel and I'm ecstatic.:bigsmile:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Outside is mine, inside is hers. Now get back in there and make me a sammich while I do some yard work!!!