How do you cook your chicken?

Options
tinks_13
tinks_13 Posts: 40
I add two teaspoons of olive oil, salt pepper, lemon juice and some kinda herbs or spices like oregno, parsley, basil or rosemary. Sometimes I even add some garlic.

How do you all cook yours? Anyone try anything adventurous?

I have added chicken seasoning once, it was amazing :)

Replies

• liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm only cooking for me, and I tend to be lazy, so I buy the big packages and cook them all at once in the crockpot with some low sodium chicken broth, then freeze them in 4oz portions. That way I don't have to cook when I want some :) I thaw it, add whatever spices fit the rest of the meal I'm having, and am on my way! It's super moist, tender and flavorful even without spices though, thanks to the broth.
  • tinks_13
    tinks_13 Posts: 40
    Options
    What broth do you use?
    I'm only cooking for me, and I tend to be lazy, so I buy the big packages and cook them all at once in the crockpot with some low sodium chicken broth, then freeze them in 4oz portions. That way I don't have to cook when I want some :) I thaw it, add whatever spices fit the rest of the meal I'm having, and am on my way! It's super moist, tender and flavorful even without spices though, thanks to the broth.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I always season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika. Depending on the cuisine I will add other spices or herbs. Then I brown it on both sides in a dry skillet, and then transfer to a baking dish to finish it off. Any extra is saved for lunches for the next couple days
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I will cook it in the crockpot with a jar of salsa and portion it out and freeze it. That way I can pull a portion out and throw together enchiladas or taco sales really fast.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    What broth do you use?

Usually whatever is cheapest, and has a low sodium option! I got a few "scratch and dent" cans of Swanson Low Sodium at the grocery store a few weeks ago for something like 40c per can, so that's what I used last time I made up a batch. More often it's Great Value (Walmart house brand).
  • zharptichka
    zharptichka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like to cut a slice in whole skinless chicken breasts and stuff them with baby spinach and a little bit of feta or other goat cheese. On the out side i use lemon and garlic or sometimes just the greek seasoning that you buy at the store and then stick it under the broiler for about 15 minutes flipping once. The whole thing takes about twenty minutes and is delicious.
  • avharris90
    avharris90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love to put a couple chicken breasts in my crockpot with Frank's Wing Sauce on them. Not too spicy and great for me to freeze for the rest of the week!
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm really lazy and like to throw some chicken in the crockpot on high for 4 hours with a little water in it, maybe some salt and pepper or Montreal chicken seasoning if I'm feeling sassy. It will fall apart. I use the shredded chicken to eat with rice and veggies, on top of salads, for pizza, tacos, whatever. Very versatile. I usually do a whole package of chicken breasts at once but occasionally I will just do a couple at a time so I can make something more specific, like salsa shredded chicken, sesame chicken, or BBQ.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in bacon, brown in a pan, then cook in the oven. Awww yeah bacon :glasses:
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I need to change it up a bit, but I usually just use a little sesame oil spray for the pan and fry the sliced chicken breast with only salt and pepper. I really like to fry with garlic paste but I am scared that they could smell it on me at work
  • attacoug
    attacoug Posts: 4
    Options
    Something simple, but extremely delicious.

Chicken
    Cilantro
    Jalapeno
    Lime Juice

That's it.... Great flavor with few carbs and fat.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I add two teaspoons of olive oil, salt pepper, lemon juice and some kinda herbs or spices like oregno, parsley, basil or rosemary. Sometimes I even add some garlic.
    Noms. Will you cook for me?

Once I made a mistake of using cinnamon instead of paprika on baked chicken pieces. It was intriguing so DW and i started looking at Indian and middle east cookbooks. One of our favorites is moroccan chicken cooked in a tagine. It is simmered like chicken cacciatore, but made with green olives and preserved lemons. They are sort of like salted, pickled lemons. If you don't have an official clay tagine, a pan and lid will do, tilted to let the steam out slowly.
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to coat my chicken with breadcrumbs and bake it. I remove the skin and any fat I can see, dip it in water and then the breadcrumbs, and bake in a 350 oven. I make my own breadcrumbs by grating my dried bread crusts, so I know there's only whole-grain bread in it. I'm watching my sodium so I add spices other than salt to the breadcrumbs - garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, sometimes paprika or dry mustard, sometimes a herb like oregano or thyme or dill - every time is different! I usually estimate the coating for one dinner as about 1/2 slice of bread.

Chicken's also good cut in small pieces for a stir-fry, and you can add whatever vegetables you have - really the list is endless! I put that on rice or mashed potatoes or noodles.

I also like to make chicken stew in the crockpot - very simple traditional chicken stew like mama used to make - chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, peas. I add whatever spices or herbs I'm in the mood for that day and thicken the gravy a little, then divide it into serving-size portions. I don't like to freeze carrots because the texture is never as good when they've been frozen, but any other vegetable is fine.
  • trishylocks
    Options
    I usually put mine in a crock pot with cream of celery soup & carrots..
  • 63babygirl
    63babygirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my gas grill and cook on it year round. I usually take boneless skinless chicken breast and use Misto spray and fill it with extra light olive oil, mince fresh rosemary and basil sprinkled on both side. No salt needed so you don't have to worry about the sodium intake.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I make my own rubs and sauces. During the week, I tend to drizzle a little olive oil on the chicken, rub it and then cook it in a very hot oven. In cast iron.

On the week ends, I usually BBQ and use sauces and marinades. Got a great recipe for Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce and a Garlic Sauce.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I bake large quantities in the oven at once and then reheat individually, because I live alone.

My go-to is ginger, garlic, cayenne, mustard, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. It might be a little spicy but I tend to have boring old steamed vegetables with the chicken so the contrast is yummy.
  • MathGeek07
    Options

I do the same thing, but use water instead of broth. Lower in sodium, and cheaper, and it makes its own broth as it cooks.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    With dry seasonings on the grill.
  • chloe1111us
    Options
    I will cook it in the crockpot with a jar of salsa and portion it out and freeze it. That way I can pull a portion out and throw together enchiladas or taco sales really fast.

I cook my chicken breasts with fresh salsa also. The only difference is I use pressure cooker. Time is money and it is soooo good.