What do you reward yourself with?

Options
13»

Replies

• asiantaye
    asiantaye Posts: 26
    Options
    Good Morning, I reward myself with shoes and new clothes. As my body changes, im super happy my clothes are also.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Happy B-day!

I started out rewarding myself with fitness related items - athletic shoes/clothing, jump rope, basketball, etc. But I do pretty simple exercise so after awhile that was played out. I'll probably do it again soon though because I need some new sneakers!

For getting to onederland (January) for the first time in over 20 years, I rewarded myself with all new makeup and a Lucite organizer to put it in. Some of the makeup was a bit pricier than I'd normally choose, so that made it more of a reward. I figured out that I honestly prefer some of my less expensive brands but it was still a fun "gift" to myself and every morning I use that organizer and see it out on my counter top so it continues to motivate me (as silly as that sounds).

Last Fall I toyed with the idea of buying my husband and I tickets to an amusement park nearby, and ultimately didn't...that was going to be a reward for me being able to fit on all of the rides etc. But then it turned out great that I waited because I was born in 1976 and the park's doing a big promotion where anyone born or married that year gets free admission this year...AND my parents got an extra season pass and transferred it to my husband. Wednesday we're taking the day off and going there to ride roller coasters :-) I can't wait!
  • tposey80
    tposey80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes...I do yoga so if my clothing isn't tight enough. I spend the class adjusting my shirt or pants the whole time..Very annoying!
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Cuter clothing or makeup to make me feel pretty after I shower off all my hard-earned sweat. ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    New pretty underwear. Which typically are needed after weight loss.

Victoria Secret has a deal where you can buy 6 pairs for 26 American Dollars. So I feel it is a reasonable reward and makes me feel better about me too.

ooh I did this too, a little while ago! It wound up being an NSV for me as well, because I needed their M and L and expected to go for XL after many years of only wearing plus-sized panties!

I was so thrilled, I didn't even mind that the sales girl at VS was my husband's ex girlfriend and with her being short and me in heels, she hugged me and her face was right in my boobs. LOL AWKWARD
  • JBashkoff
    JBashkoff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This post inspired me to make my own list especially since today all i have been wanting to do is eat junk food (I have resisted! yay!)
    10 lbs - Day of puppy in day care (freedom!)
    15 lbs - hire a house cleaning service
    20 lbs - charm for my pandora bracelet
    30 lbs - order a week of premade healthy meals so i don't have to cook
    40 lbs - theater tickets
    100 lbs from my heaviest - Vegas or other fun trip
    50 lbs - tattoo to remember how far I came
    60 lbs - expensive pretty swim suit
    goal - excess skin removal if I need it and or a $1000 shopping spree for new clothes
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    New clothing and jewlery are my main rewards. I have a neckles that I bought after I lost 50 lbs from my first round with weight loss. It makes me remember how much work I put into loosing and how happy I was when I lost it. It helps to give me a boost for when I start going back to old bad habits.

I was thinking about getting a tatoo when I hit my goal weight and stay there but I need to think about that one first. I was thinking the evil eye talisman between my shoulders that looks like it's been attached to my spine. And for those who don't know the history about the evil eye talisman it's basically a symbol that keeps evil thoughts of others from affecting you or cursing you.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    New clothes
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I generally aim to reward myself with things that I've wanted for quite a while, but never felt good enough spenind money on - but nothing that will break the bank, of course.
    For every 10 pounds I lose, I get another clothing item from my absolute favourite store (which is sadly very expensive).
    And for a few major goals I flagged I will get myself a new tattoo and piercing.

I've also been thinking about setting myself fitness goals instead of weightloss goals, i.e. running 3k without a break, or reaching a certain yoga pose - but I haven't thought up rewards for that yet
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Usually work-out related 'stuff' - sneakers, yoga pants - I just got a few new pairs of shorts...............
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    If I choose to see anything as a reward, it'll probably be the new clothes I'll need to buy as my shape changes. Although they're essentially a necessity, I love clothes shopping and will definitely feel that it's a treat for me. I'm also kind of hoping that the exercise I do will help my chronic ankle instability, so maybe one of the ultimate rewards at the end of my efforts will be the ability to start jogging again.
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    SHOES!!!