Good protein bar less expensive than Quest?

Options
DJ7203
DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
I'm totally addicted to Quest bars, but they are so darn expensive! Any suggestions for a good low carb protein bar that is more affordable? Thanks!

Replies

• DJ7203
    DJ7203 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    bump
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I love Power Crunch bars. They taste really good (they're like wafer cookies), they're low in sugar, and they're over $1 cheaper than Quest bars. I just had my first Quest bar last week. It was good, but I'm not sure it was good enough to justify the price. They'll probably be a once in awhile treat for me.
  • rikracer61
    rikracer61 Posts: 208
    Options
    Try the Premier Protien bars. They have 30 gms protien, 25 gms carbs(9 sugar) and taste good. Sam's sells them for around 16-17 dollars for a 18 bar box. This is about the best deal out there that I know of. The also sell a 20 gram Muscletech bar that is even less per bar.
  • ericzanetti
    ericzanetti Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein Bars
    21 g Protein 3 g Sugar

Check out this link for protein bar reviews. It's the Canadian site (with an American option), not sure where you reside.

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/ww/pure-protein-bars.html?_requestid=1862014
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars but the price is high. However I buy them by the box which is cheaper!!!
  • billhilly1968
    billhilly1968 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart has Pure Protein Bars or Colossal Bars that are decent but I do not like all the chemicals so I eat Quest now. I buy Quest by the box and they average about the same.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein Bars
    21 g Protein 3 g Sugar

Check out this link for protein bar reviews. It's the Canadian site (with an American option), not sure where you reside.

Thanks for this site...I like the taste ratings!
  • tracegoldb
    Options
    I like Larabars! They're made from all natural ingredients (only fruits and nuts) Most bars only contain about three to five ingredients. They're not super high in protein but if you go for peanut butter cookie or cashew cookie, those are the two highest in protein (around 6-7g) yes, they're high in fat and sugar...but it's from the nuts and fruits.

I'm not so sure about the Quest bars. I've tried them, and yes, they're delicious...but many of their bars contain Sucralose (Splenda), which has been linked to health concerns in many studies. Although inconclusive, I'm not eating anything with an artificial sweetener in it.
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have tried pure protein chocolate deluxe and it is pretty bad tasting. I also tried life choice double chocolate and it was better than pure protein and has 21grams protein. I tried Lara bars cookie dough and do not like it at all. It tastes kind of rottenish. I bought all of these at walmart. Oh and six star chocolate is ok and six star peanut butter kind of weird tasting but ok.
  • anask4
    anask4 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cant go wrong with Pure Protein. Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chewy Chocolate Chip, and Vanilla Almond Crunch are all really good. Cost $6.27 for a box of 6 at WalMart.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein Bars
    21 g Protein 3 g Sugar

^ These!! They are great, especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The Pure Protein S'Mores bars are absolutely horrible and I honestly wasn't impressed by the chocolate cookie dough ones either. I ended up tossing them. I really really like their soft baked bars though (not on their site apparently?).
  • Tuesday4422
    Tuesday4422 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Reduced Sugar Detour!!! The caramel nut one taste like a snicker!!!! Seriously a must!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein Bars
    21 g Protein 3 g Sugar

^ These!! They are great, especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter

+2
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most processed foods so I make protein bars using the protein powder I purchased. I found the recipe on bodybuilding.com and they are fantastic. AND they are homemade. My rule of thumb for eating "junk" food was always that store bought is not worth the calories but if a desert is homemade then I am more likely to give it a try.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Walmart also carries a protein bar called Life Choice. Where I live (east Texas), they are $3.88 for a box of 5. The Peanut Butter Extreme is so good! It has 210 cals with 21g of protein and 14g of carbs
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    A hamburger. ;D
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most processed foods so I make protein bars using the protein powder I purchased. I found the recipe on bodybuilding.com and they are fantastic. AND they are homemade. My rule of thumb for eating "junk" food was always that store bought is not worth the calories but if a desert is homemade then I am more likely to give it a try.
    You do realize the protein powder you buy is.....processed. Gasp!!!

^^^ This. LOLZ!!!