In search of motivational buddies..

Options
Just did a mass unfriending of super inactive peeps. I am looking for new friends who are active and are looking for motivation in return for motivation :)

A little about me.. I am 33, live in West Texas & have way more than I'd like to lose. I am going back to calories from Weight Watchers to try and get to goal by Dec 31st. Ive been on the weight roller coaster for as long as I can remember but trying to get to healthy and stay there for good. I hate working out, its not fun and I hate to sweat (lol I know that sounds ridiculous) but so many of my friends tell me it becomes fun.. so Im giving myself a goal to do it until it either kills me.. or I enjoy it :)

If you have a lot or a little or are even at goal and are looking for someone to support you, to support, or just chat about the ups & downs.. send me a friend request!

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I'm not very motivating, I'm vulgar, use profanity, and highly opinionated.

But I wish you the best!!!!

What kind of working out do you do?
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I won't be much good either, I'm a bit judgmental about WW, and my workouts are incredibly inconsistent.
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Unless that's the kind of motivation you want.
  • wheird
    Options
    I won't be much good either, I'm a bit judgmental about WW, and my workouts are incredibly inconsistent.

Lies, you've been my number one cheerleader for over a year!
  • wheird
    Options

Stormtrooper-hump.gif
  • ChelbyJean
    Options
    I'll friend you I can always use more help on this never ending roller coaster, every bit of positivity goes along way for me =)
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have 67 more pounds to go . I'll support you. I have a friend who does WW and MFP. Feel free to add me. I log in daily
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!! :)

Check out my story

NEVER GIVE UP!!! :)
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Stormtrooper-hump.gif

you-better-work-gif.gif?resize=500%2C300
  • wheird
    Options

Stormtrooper-hump.gif

you-better-work-gif.gif?resize=500%2C300

giphy.gif
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!
    One day at a time!
    One pound at a time.

I'm proof, I never use to like to work out and I really enjoy it now also. Its about finding a fit and having your goal mean Enough to you to go for it. Once its a habit, you Will become addicted. You'll enjoy the feelings of feeling better!

Welcome!
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
    I would love to help you and you can help me.
    I'm always open to give advice, and always willing to take advice too.

Working out is one of those love/hate things. I usually hate my workout until the last 5 minutes, and then I love it and all the sweat that comes with it. Anymore, if I'm not sweaty and in leggings, I feel weird. I'm not sure it has ever been FUN for me, but it has it's appeal. I don't know what it is. But once I'm done with my workout, I want to workout more. Like I said, strange love/hate relationship. When you see those sexy results, it becomes addicting. Just find something you like. Not everyone likes to run, no matter how much they do it (me). Not everyone likes circuit training. I like it! But you might like Zumba or dance fitness, who knows. Try different things, and you will find something that feels comfortable (kind of).
  • YukiValentine
    YukiValentine Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm here if you need me! I'm on every day!
  • kathic713
    Options
    Hey Jeslynn - I've just recently started MyFitnessPal after trying WW (and everything else under the sun). I'll send you a request, there's strength in numbers :)
  • Jeslynn81
    Jeslynn81 Posts: 25
    Options
    Nothing wrong with some vulgarity, and profanity lol. I have tried it all, just dont enjoy it. I am working on my speed for running, strength training, and yoga right now.
  • jenniferevon
    Options
    I'm on day 405. I log daily, motivate most days and always appreciate being motivated. Feel free to friend me. I've tried WW before but wasn't successful - I was eating the wrong kind of points. I am, however, a fan of high protein/lower carb (not low but LOWER). Works really well for me when I follow it. I wish you the best of luck in your journey!
  • goldgodd3ss
    goldgodd3ss Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Jes,

Sending a friend request. I once hated exercise too, but now it's the part of the day I most look forward to. Let's kick motivation in the butt and get active!
  • Kimmy7777
    Kimmy7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Feel free to add me hun!