Shaving - women?

Options

Replies

• tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I had laser hair removal 10 years ago on all of my really hairy parts that I shaved, but I still have a few stray hairs that I have to tend to every so often.
  • BigBellyGoAway
    BigBellyGoAway Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    dye all your body hair pink instead.
    it's way more fun.

1897866_10153882079865411_465984881_n.jpg

HA! This is great.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I sugar along with a good body scrub :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How are you moisturizing afterwards? I always bring my bottle in the shower with me so the cream is warmed up under the water, kind of just brush the water off (no toweling off) and apply the cream right away and just stand and let it soak in while the stall is still steamy. It's made a HUGE difference.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I just shave with a regular razor. I actually use a men's razor with 5 blades because my 3-blade ladies' Shick just wasn't cutting it and it took forever. I make sure to use Aveeno shave gel (not cream!) that has no fragrance added and then follow up with a good unscented lotion after the shave. I also find soaking in the hot water before beginning to shave is really helpful. Shaving two days in a row is never a good idea for me because it hurts for some reason and it's much easier to cut myself. I shave daily during the Summer because I get prickly within 24 hours or less, but I just skip if it no one will be seeing my legs. I don't get ingrown hairs on my legs, but I do get them elsewhere, if you know what I'm saying. Sucks, but it's the least of my problems down there lately. I only shave there once a week anyway to avoid the agony.

Why can't it all be like shaving the armpits? I do that daily and it's never painful. No cuts or anything.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Remington smooth and silky For Women. It's an electric razor. I hate shaving and this one can be used wet or dry which makes my life super easy.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about a girl with underarm hair

Im sorry, but there is nothing sexy about creepy auld men telling girls what they should and should not do with their own bodies in order for them to be sexually appealing to him

apparently reading comprehension isnt too high on your list of things either cause nowhere did i say you should or shouldnt. i merely stated my opinion.

whether you attract the boys or not is of little to no consequence to my forming my opinion
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    if I ever win the lottery, the first thing I'm doing is permanent hair removal... I'm so SICK of ingrown hairs!

Laser hair removal is not that expensive. Not only that but you could probably get a groupon for some sessions that are half of what it would actually cost. That's what I did and then the place was running the same special as groupon (you can only use a groupon once at this place) so I got more sessions.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    As a fair-skinned person, I have pretty sensitive skin. I don't usually get in-growns anywhere but my bikini line/nether areas, so for that area I just had to start shaving with the grain instead of against. It's not quite as close of a shave but I'd take that over ugly and often painful razor burn any day. When I'm out of the shower, I apply Shaveworks The Cool Fix gel (I get it from Ulta), and try to do that twice daily the first day after shaving and once the next day. I still get the occasional bump, but it's substantially less than it used to be and they aren't painful. Also, I use the pink Venus razors that have the lather around the blade - they consistently have worked the best for me.

I don't have the option for laser hair removal as my hair is too light and the lasers can't detect the follicles, but I would totally spend the money on it if it would work. At least for that particular area.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    dye all your body hair pink instead.
    it's way more fun.

1897866_10153882079865411_465984881_n.jpg

Genius, I am so doing this next time I dye my hair.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    3QuWBX1.gif

There's probably an infomercial for this. Bc, life is hard---- but our product can fix it.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options

And there's nothing sexy about misogyny either but that hasn't stopped you.
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options

2440095-5814528289-70127.jpg
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    They were JUST talking about this on the Doctors Tv Show today.

They suggest a blend of SAFFLOWER Oil and Coconut Oil. it is supposed to help with Razor Burn and Ingrown Hairs.

Good luck.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    They were JUST talking about this on the Doctors Tv Show today.

They suggest a blend of SAFFLOWER Oil and Coconut Oil. it is supposed to help with Razor Burn and Ingrown Hairs.

Good luck.

What about Crisco?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Razor + shaving cream
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have very little pigment - I shave with a razor once a week - but even if I didn't - I don't think anyone would notice....have never had ingrown hairs - BUT I've also never had a tan in my life....kids called me 'Casper' in high school.......
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

2440095-5814528289-70127.jpg

i have said nothing about hating women, far from it, i said there is nothing sexy about underhair arm on a female.

far from being owned
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Ok, before getting lasered from head to toe... I was extremely hairy from PCOS and since I'm still pretty overweight, shaving my entire legs was a huge job I reserved for special occasions. I basically wore pants all the time, shaved from the knees down if I wanted to wear a skirt or capris, and my fiance just put up with it. He preferred that I was comfortable and happy.

Laser hair removal IS permanent on the follicles that the laser kills (it can only kill hair in an active growth phase, and when the hair is darker than the surrounding skin, and the laser has sufficient wavelength to go all the way down to the root)... so what you experience in real life is significant reduction of hair. I use Skintimate gel for sensitive skin (the cheap ones don't provide as much lubrication in my opinion), and I use dual-blade disposable razors because it seems like they are less expensive per shave and I always have a nice sharp blade.

And speaking of sharp blades, I always shave my most sensitive areas first with the nice fresh blade and that helps a lot.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Misogyny /mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/ is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. you ruin the effectiveness of words when you don't know their meaning.

I suppose all women who hate copious back hair are guilty of misandry too.