How many calories do you burn doing insanity?

Options
I do not have a heart rate monitor and do not really have the money to get a really good one (well my mom just won't buy me one). I am going to start the insanity workout program and do not know how much I will be burning and therefore do not know how many calories I have to eat to fuel my body. If it helps I am 13, 5'0", and 120 pounds.

Replies

• Brittbritt1120
    Options
    It explains it all in the e-lite nutrition book. If you do not have it ill try to help you out by summing up to you want mine says. You will be burning calories all throughout the day so you want to eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm 20yr older but we are the same weight and close in height (5'2), this is what I burn during different days of Insanity

Plyometric Cardio Circuit 420
    Insanity-Cardio Abs 110 ca
    Insanity-Cardio Power & Resistance 415
    Insanity-Cardio Recovery 210
    Insanity-Pure Cardio 340

Also don't forget to eat enough calories to fuel your workouts.
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    im 28, 5' 6'' amd weigh 135lbs and i log 350cals but that is just a guess as i also dont have one, i dont eat back my cals so it doesnt make a massive difference to me. :0)
  • hanachan
    Options
    I'm 20yr older but we are the same weight and close in height (5'2), this is what I burn during different days of Insanity

Plyometric Cardio Circuit 420
    Insanity-Cardio Abs 110 ca
    Insanity-Cardio Power & Resistance 415
    Insanity-Cardio Recovery 210
    Insanity-Pure Cardio 340

Also don't forget to eat enough calories to fuel your workouts.

As someone with the same height and weight, this was extremely helpful. Do you think you could tell me how much you burned during month 2 of Insanity?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you're only 13, I'm not sure if you should be doing insanity. I think you should speak to our doctor first.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    If you're only 13, I'm not sure if you should be doing insanity. I think you should speak to our doctor first.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Totally agree - but might be a type error as profile says 18 yo
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Ya talk to your doctor.. you don't want to mess with your growth and your nutrition is different than an adult.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It explains it all in the e-lite nutrition book. If you do not have it ill try to help you out by summing up to you want mine says. You will be burning calories all throughout the day so you want to eat at least 1,200 calories a day.

A 13 year old need to be eating a LOT more than 1200 cals...
  • Shawtyiscute74
    Options
    theres nothing wrong with you doing insanity even though your 13 just be careful not too push yourself to hard
  • jaz050465
    Options

Totally agree - but might be a type error as profile says 18 yo

OP may have set it to 18 as that I think is the minimum age to join. I still think you should get medical advice.
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    TOO MANY!

he he, just kidding....
  • LindseyAlyssa
    Options
    Definitely get medical advice, especially since you're so young (and technically should not be on MFP).
    Without proper nutritional guidance you'll be doing more damage than good, imo.
  • dandiekandi
    dandiekandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i weigh probably considerably more than you but i am the same height can you tell me how you figured all this out and what the callories burned for the rest of the insanity workouts are?
  • dandiekandi
    dandiekandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    also im probably alot older than you also
  • PixieQueen25
    PixieQueen25 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi. It would be great if you could maybe add those excersizes to the data base... other people could use it to track theirs too if it was added.
  • annamd525
    Options
    hi, im 5'6 and bouncing between 143-145 and cant get a heart monitor so id like to know how many i am burning. im currently eating 1600 cals a day. pls n ty for your help.
  • Annie123marston
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 70kg. I workout everyday doing cardio based activities as-well as weights, but do need to know how many calories are burnt during an insanity workout,thanks.
  • Babsie777
    Options
    I found this website that will calculate approximately how many calories you burn from DVD workouts by using your weight, exercise duration, etc. http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?Workout_Programs_Videos&cc=969 This may help!
  • Lizziebeth125
    Options
    There's a calculator which will work it out for you at http://insanitycalories.com/