Out of calories, hungry, what do you eat?

Options

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    A cup of frozen mixed vegetables (without any oil or cheese or any of that jazz) is like 60 calories. So if I go over my calories I have like 2 cups of that. :P
  • controledfreak
    Options
    I try tea or flavored water, or diet pop before I eat something. If I need to eat, or feel like I'm eating, I try chicken broth or a few nuts to take the edge off...
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, for future reference on those days (which may or may not be later tonight) - what's the lowest calorie, most filling food you eat when it happens to you?

Since I pre-plan what I eat it has in the 362 days I am on MFP never happened to me. I am a firm believer that pre-planning keeps me from running out of calories .
  • morteetee
    Options
    Popcorn Indiana's "Fitcorn" sea salt. 37 calories for one cup. Delicious too!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Protein fluff can be good.

But I'd workout what I reckoned I wanted and go for a run or something if possible - so it all works out.

Of course, providing it's only an OCCASIONAL blip, it's generally much better to just satisfy your hunger and carry on with life.

If it's regular, then it's going to cause problems for your weight loss goals.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    A cup of frozen mixed vegetables (without any oil or cheese or any of that jazz) is like 60 calories. So if I go over my calories I have like 2 cups of that. :P

Actually a cup of plain mixed vegetables that has no starchy things like potatoes in them is more like 36-40 calories a cup. I agree with your idea and do the same, but use it as part of a meal together with protein and some starchy complex carbs: today it's sweet potato. Half a bag of broccoli and cauliflower is a lot more food by volume and does a lot less damage than a handful of cookies or a candy bar.....and in my case I also would prefer it if I had no weight problem.
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    FitFunLosAngeles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    an apple.
  • my_time73
    my_time73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    food...........
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    cucumbers with hot sauce
    oatmeal - i think oatmeal is my answer for everything all the time lol. it's warm, it's filling, and the lower sugar stuff is only 130 calories
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Pickles, raw veggies such as carrots or cauliflower, a cheese stick, hardboiled egg
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    Options
    .l.l.
  • FitFunLosAngeles
    Options
    Protein fluff can be good.

what is "protein fluff"?
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    These are around 100 cals each
    Yoplait 0% Greek yogurt cup with 1/2 cup berries
    2 rice cakes with 2 laughing cow light wedge
    4 Thin slices of deli chicken or ham wrapped around 4 pickles
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=protein+fluff :)

It's nicer with fruit, but if I was going really light I'd use no-added-sugar cordial frozen.

You need casein protein powder.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Actually a cup of plain mixed vegetables that has no starchy things like potatoes in them is more like 36-40 calories a cup. I agree with your idea and do the same, but use it as part of a meal together with protein and some starchy complex carbs: today it's sweet potato. Half a bag of broccoli and cauliflower is a lot more food by volume and does a lot less damage than a handful of cookies or a candy bar.....and in my case I also would prefer it if I had no weight problem.

The Cascadian Farms frozen mixed veggies I get (corn, peas, and carrots) is 60 calories per cup. If I have gone waaay over my calories I eat it by itself just so I can have something in my tummy, and it has some nutritional value. If I haven't gone too overboard I will add rice or seitan to bulk it up a little.
  • susan661
    susan661 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pirate's Booty always works for me. :)
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Carrots and salsa
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll just eat something and realize that it's 500 calories at least to get back to maintenance for the day, and I'd have to eat about 5000 calories to wipe out my weekly deficit and another few thousand to gain anything more than water and waste weight.

Rigger

Hey, thank you. I've been sweating the fact that I've been hungry every day during the last week or so, going over by 200-400 calories.
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just wondering, for future reference on those days (which may or may not be later tonight) - what's the lowest calorie, most filling food you eat when it happens to you?

Since I pre-plan what I eat it has in the 362 days I am on MFP never happened to me. I am a firm believer that pre-planning keeps me from running out of calories .

THIS! or add som3e excersize if you accidentally ended up a little low for your last meal. I plan breakfast and snacks and lunch but not usually dinner
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It depends wether or not I am craving something salty, sweet, or savory. Lately, I've been craving sweet, so, If I'm out of calories, or almost out of calories, I have been just having a cup of sugar free hot coco, or a 1/4 cup of jelly beans. If it's something savory, then low fat cheese is my "go to" snack. If it's salty, fat free pretzels or light popcorn, seems to do the trick.