Still have 1000 calories left, HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP calorie bank. If you really can't eat the 1000 calories, you can make a deposit and help another user that needs some extra calories today for a bowl of ice cream.

Thanks in advance.

deliciousicecream24.jpg
  • teenyjem
    teenyjem Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    eggs, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds. loads of calories. have a massive omlette.
  • csverdin
    csverdin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In general, I don't try to eat all of the calories back that MFP says I earned from exercise. If you really feel the need to eat some of those calories, I would only do about half of what you earned from exercise. You definitely want to eat some to keep your body from going into conservation mode but I think MFP's exercise calculations are on the high side.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat sugar? Unless you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, there is nothing wrong with sugar.
    Calorie dense foods include nuts and nut butters, avocados, fatty dressings for salads, most cheeses...
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I use Map My Ride....does anyone else use this...do you find the estimates for exercises are inaccurate? I just plug in how long I did if for (I use a timer) and it calculates the calories. It bases the calculations off my height, weight etc.

I use Map My Run for figuring out distances traveled. I find its calorie estimator to be WAY higher than the calorie estimator on MFP (e.g. MapMyRun tells me a 60 minute spin class burns 620 calories; the bike I actually ride on usually says about 450; and the MFP one had me logging about 510. I just set it at 520 which I think is "safe" - I really need a HRM to figure it out for sure).

And I really bust my butt at spin class... like, sweating during the first 5-10 minutes of class... and drenched by the end of class. (and I"m in fairly decent shape when it comes to cardio endurance, etc). I think 900 calories for 90 minutes of exercise is pretty high.

My gym has posted this regarding calorie burn:

"Low to moderate - approximately 4 calories per minutes (calisthenics, slow cycling, yoga, mat pilates, walking slow)
    Moderate to vigorous - approximately 5 to 8 calories per minutes (aerobic dance, step, moderate cycling, swimming, aqua, tennis, walking briskly)
    Highly vigorous - approximately 8 to 10 calories per minutes (interval workouts, walking vigorously, jogging, kick boxing, running, intense cycling, skipping rope)"

so if that is correct, I guess if you were HIGHLY VIGOROUS for the ENTIRE 90 minutes you were working out, you could burn a max of 900 calories - but that means no water breaks, no warm up/cool down/stretching, etc.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    ,This was extremely helpful, thanks. I thought it seemed high, but like you said mfp wasn't too far from that either. Mmr also suggests an a much higher calorie intake for me too.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I would save if you want a treat GET IT (i.e. that ice cream) but if you want to not go in that direction that definitely nuts, avocado, and protein - steak perhaps. I LOVE nuts - not trail mix because that has sugars but a nice lightly salted fancy nut mix or just pistachios in the shell, etc. Enjoy those extra calories for me lol :tongue:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Double.
  • annetteh145
    annetteh145 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary... But as suggested already, nuts, seeds, eggs. Regarding calorie burn I started using an HRM , I never trusted the online calculators, they always seemed to high. Also if you plan on eating back your exercise calories I recommend deducting another 60 calories per hour of workout - that's about how much your body would have burned in that time if you weren't to be exercising. This number is different for everybody - depends on your BMR.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - I would say only eat back half of your exercise calories and do not be afraid of sugar….I eat a serving of ice a day (my diary is open) and it has not hampered my progress one bit..

you can eat sugar, be in a calorie deficit, and lose...
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    One McDonald's Big Mac should about do it... and they are open 24 hours in most major cities. =D