Gained a pound back :cry:

Options
I gained a pound back and I feel like a failure! Ughh!! That's what happens when I say screw it I'm going to have at least one day of fun and eat something I didn't plan on eating. Not feeling too good about myself. I need motivation and tips on how to get back on track quick. I don't want to gain anymore back. :sad:

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear and the human body can fluctuate from day to day depending on a lot of factors. When you ate a little more your body held onto some extra water weight. It's temporary. It will go away soon once you get back into routine.

If the fluctuations are going to bother you then don't weigh yourself right after a cheat day!

:flowerforyou:
  • Apocalypz
    Apocalypz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Gracious, woman, you just joined last month. Be more patient with it all. Losing weight takes time unless you're willing to chainsaw off a leg. Be diligent, be patient, be optimistic. You will reach your goals, but you'll have to deal with a couple gained pounds every once in a while. We all have, so you're in good company.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Natural body weight fluctuations can be as much as 3-5 Lbs either way on the scale...1 measly little pound could be the scale was colder or warmer than the last time you weighed in or a tiny bit of excess water or maybe you have more waste in your system relative to the last time you weighed in.

This isn't a linear function, you need to observe the trends over time, not a single gain or loss here and there...it doesn't work that way.
  • cnm4life11
    Options
    Thank you. I know it takes patience. Just I really am trying very hard and even when I cheated I was being careful on how much I was eating. I really appreciate your input guys. :smile:
  • mile311z
    mile311z Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been going up and down the last month and its very frustrating! Sometimes I feel like just giving up on it.
  • cnm4life11
    Options
    It is frustrating but I do not want to give up and neither should you! mile311z
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You'd have to eat 3,500 calories over your TDEE in order to gain 1 pound. Did you eat that much in a day? Probably not. So don't worry. You're probably retaining water or it's just the normal day to day weight fluctuation. :flowerforyou:
  • catwink1
    catwink1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself, its is normal to put on a pound while your body adjusts to the changes. be strong your worth the fight.
    If you are worried about it take a walk. All good advice.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    One pound? I sometimes gain two pounds just from eating breakfast.

Pay attention to your weight loss trend. Moving up or down from day to day is meaningless. And try not to freak out over one pound. Seriously it's just one pound.
  • lorim200
    lorim200 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My weight goes up and down 5 pounds during the course of a day. Don't let a pound or two worry you. Get back on track and just keeping going forward. Some days you will be up and other days you will be down. Just keep plugging forward and slowly lose the weight. It will come off eventually and it will be a life style change not a diet. It will be easier to keep it off that way.
  • cbeevs
    cbeevs Posts: 41
    Options
    Remember, it is all in the mind. Do not let disappointment lead to worse problems. Just plan for next time. We must eat. If we can be craftier that all the too tasty food, we win. Next time, eat more vegetables before you go, better yet , have your favorite raw food with you and eat some before the treat food.

Don't go weary of doing well,
    don't surrender in the fight,
    keep on stormin' the gates of hell,
    keep on doin; what you know is right.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Everyone else has already given the best advice.
    But just for future reference, this is the gaining weight forum...for people with a goal of gaining weight.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    A pound?

Normal people fluctuate 2-4 lbs per day.
  • dysenterygary11
    Options
    I know the feeling! It will take me weeks to lose a few pounds and then I gain it back by just looking at the wrong food it seems like! You need to just realize that it is part of the process and that sometimes the weight goes up no matter how hard you seem to try. Just don't give up! You'll get there!
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hormonal changes, or salty foods, or you haven't pooped yet.
    You should see my monthly weight graphs, it's like the wave :)

eje9vq.jpg

See those last 2 dots? That was yesterday and this morning, yesterday was 166,6 lbs, today was 162,5 lbs.

Image doesn't really fit, you can click here: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eje9vq&s=8
  • b3st
    b3st Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Really? Just really.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    also this isn't the section for people to complain about gaining- this is where people WANT to be gaining.

So 1.) I wouldn't sweat it
    2.) If you go poop you'll lose that pound
    3.) general trend line is more important than the day to day
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound back and I feel like a failure! Ughh!! That's what happens when I say screw it I'm going to have at least one day of fun and eat something I didn't plan on eating. Not feeling too good about myself. I need motivation and tips on how to get back on track quick. I don't want to gain anymore back. :sad:

I gain a pound or 2 everyother day. Your body with fluctuate. A pound is nothing and its prob not even a gain its prob just water.