Christmas morning

Options
Pitterpatter
Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
what are you planning for breakfast? any traditional meals? recipes please!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am hrowing healthy eating out the window Christmas morning and we are making my SO's family our stuffed bisquits. :devil: They are soooo bad but soooo good. We cook up a pound of sausage and chopped bacon and mix it with a package of sour cream and a can of diced jalapenos. Then we stuff the mix into uncooked bisquits and bake them until they brown. Yum, I can't wait now.
  • Centerstagekris
    Options
    Usually at my moms on Christmas morning. She scrambles eggs, makes bacon, biscuits and jelly...all that stuff. But this year I think we are going to make fresh veggie omlets. They are awesome anyway, so I don't really feel like I am missing out on anything. :o)
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I do a cheat day once a week, and christmas will be my cheat day this week!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I am hrowing healthy eating out the window Christmas morning and we are making my SO's family our stuffed bisquits. :devil: They are soooo bad but soooo good. We cook up a pound of sausage and chopped bacon and mix it with a package of sour cream and a can of diced jalapenos. Then we stuff the mix into uncooked bisquits and bake them until they brown. Yum, I can't wait now.

That sounds AWESOME. What kind of biscuits? The kind from a tube?

We're planning french toast on thick slices of Hawaiian sweet bread. And maybe bacon and eggs. It's brunch, instead or breakfast or lunch, so not too bad.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I do use the canned bisquits even though I'm from the south and it goes against everything we believe in. :blushing: It is just easier and you can shape them better than homemade. I do use homemade sausage though so that makes up for cheating on the bisquits.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I love to cook breakfast. I'll make whatever anyone wants. Usually Hashbrowns and omellettes to order for wife and her sister (if she's here).

Holland usually wants Breakfast Burritos.

Rarely plan something out, unless there will be lots of people. Normally though, it's just Jan, Holland and I for breakfast. People don't start showing up until after noon.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Tradition was delicious cinnamon buns, but my family has turned our big Christmas meal from a late lunch (3ish) to a brunch (12ish). Suits me just fine, as I get ham, mimosas and other deliciousness. So probably just cottage cheese and a banana post-run (hopefully I can fit one in!)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean breakfast casserole - google it. Terribly bad for you but amazingly yummy. :love:
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    PANCAKES!!! totally not tracking cals on christmas!!! Take the day off!! it wont kill your diet!! I am actually taking 3 days off!!! :)
  • janickc
    Options
    I gonna eat brownies waffle for chrismas day... probably whit bacon on the side!!!! Totally free on this fabulous day.. I hesitate about taking of for few day but i'm scared about taking to mmuch pound... I usualy take verry fast!! But, it's hollydays and i want to enjoy evrything!!