losing myself, please help

Options
I was doing very good with eating bealthy. Lately I've been going over my calories and eating mostly junk. I am getting de motivated cause I'm not seeing any changes. Any advice? I'm 26 and am 116 lbs and 5'0. I like my weight but I hate how fat and supet giggly my tummy looks and I've tried everything.

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You tried weight lifting?
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yes, for 2 months now I've been doing stronglifts
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, for 2 months now I've been doing stronglifts

Keep at it! You'll get there. Are you sure you have your calorie goal set high enough? Trying to maintain too large a deficit can lead to eating junk.

Set your loss to .5 lbs per week and eat all those calories.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    can't see your diary, but if you don't do it already, try a 40-30-30 diet: 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat.

chances are, if you're not making progress, you can jumpstart yourself with a change in intake.

good luck!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I was doing very good with eating bealthy. Lately I've been going over my calories and eating mostly junk. I am getting de motivated cause I'm not seeing any changes. Any advice? I'm 26 and am 116 lbs and 5'0. I like my weight but I hate how fat and supet giggly my tummy looks and I've tried everything.

You probably have not tried everything, but that is also not necessary.
    Depending on your frame you are either in the high normal if you have a tiny, tiny frame and you are well in the middle for a medium or heavier frame. So 116 pounds are just fine.
    I agree with the suggestions that were made in that you are maybe better off lifting weight in a planned manner and eat a diet that goes with a weightlifting program. There is really no need for you to lose more and if you do it should only be a very few pounds. You need to be equipped with A LOT of patience, because those last five pounds ( especially if you are already within your healthy weight range ) will take time.
    Good Luck !
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    just keep lifting!!!!
  • singmyheartout4you
    Options
    Okay, I am not a professional trainer so this is just what Works for me.
    Sometimes, I hit the same thing and I think "whats the point" what helps break that for me is changing my diet. So if ive been maming a lot of meals, Ill switch to eatting rare, simple foods and voce versa. It also helps me to change my work out routine. When i stop seeing results, I always feel inclined to work harder, but oddly enough, when I backed off some it helped more.
    Anyway, just my two cents. Do whats best for your body.

Best of luck!! Keep trying!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What is your BF%? Is it possible your perception is off and you are actually less jiggly than you think? What do people you respect say if you ask them for their honest opinion.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    What is your BF%? Is it possible your perception is off and you are actually less jiggly than you think? What do people you respect say if you ask them for their honest opinion.

No hun its definite jiggle for sure. My family says I'm fine but they used to say that when I was 30 pounds heavier
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Maybe go to your gym and scope out people who have the kind of abs you want, and ask them what their routine is and how long it took them. Good luck to you!
  • leviclampitt
    Options

CHILL (literally).

Your stress levels trigger certain hormones (like cortisol) which then have a large say if you put down fat on your stomach (including love handles) and how fast you can remove it.

If you are too stressed (like from lack of sleep, undereating, overexercising, eating foods you're allergic to), it will not give up that fat. No, it turns out the stomach is a convenient location for your liver to break that fat down into fuel (to which it can then use to run away from the metaphorical tiger).

So if you're stressed (and even if you are losing weight), you will lose it from everywhere but your stomach (like leg muscle).

So relax.

:)
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Patience grasshopper......depending on your goal and your body type, it can take 1-2 years to put on a decent amount of muscle. I am an endomorph, which means I put on muscle fairly quickly and I have been at this for 2 years and am just now starting to see definition. You also need to consume a good amount of protein (at least your body weight in grams) and lift very heavy. Patience is key though.