what do you do between sets?

Options
2»

Replies

• craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Scratch things, blow snot rockets, belch, flatulate, whatever it takes to alienate my fellow gym goers.

Pant . . . a LOT! That usually accomplishes the same thing!

:laugh:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    walk on treadmill to keep blood moving and facilitate movement of lactic acid out of my muscles.... take pictures of unsuspecting attarctive gym goers.... play games on my phone... zone out.... zone in... day dream...
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I either superset a different muscle group, do some stretches or just sit and check out everyones tatts then quickly avert my eyes in case they think I'm perving.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Usually just chill'n to music and visualizing my completion of my goal of the day.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Logging my performance and loading the next bar takes up a big chunk of it, but I usually have a movie or tv show playing, too.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Damn, I mustn't be doing this whole lifting thing right. I generally don't have time to do anything else but get my breath back because I only wait 15-30 seconds before beginning the next set. That's okay right? I do work as hard as I can.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sit and watch the cute feline.

(I lift in my garage, the cat next door likes to come over and hang out)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Think about the next one
    ^Actually this...and breathing :laugh:

I try to critique how I'm doing, what corrections I need and concentrating on keeping myself hyped to push completely through.
  • LBennett34
    LBennett34 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I walk around the gym at MFP's "leisurely pace". It helps me refocus, catch my breath...the minutes add up!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    make use of the mirrors to check out the hot chick doing extremely suggestive yoga poses...
  • guardianwill
    guardianwill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Between sets I have a small prayer I say twice and thirty seconds is up. Helps me stay focused. Before my little prayer I make adjustments to weights if needed as well.
  • iwantmydenimback
    iwantmydenimback Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I cry softly to myself and feel the burn.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Puke.

Jk.

Sorta.
  • tgmichelleee
    tgmichelleee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    write poetry, listen to classical music, and ponder metaphysics

^ idk why but this made my day haha
  • truebrew
    truebrew Posts: 33
    Options
    keep watching Pumping Iron on my Ipod for the zillioneth time but never getting tired of it. I liked the 70s I guess........
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Since I have my workout planned, with weights I want to lift I will either edit my present workout if more weight is needed, make notes in my log, stretch/keep the blood flowing, check to see what I have left to do in the day's workout, hydrate as required, or just sit and think about my next set. My rests periods are usually between 30-90 secs so
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I lift @ home so I usually just surf the internet for a few minutes.